how to become headmaster of the thieves guild

ThatsWhatSheSaid

First you must finish the pilgrims path (last mission for the thieves guild). After that you must talk to Brynoff and he'll tell you that you did good and will make a good guild master, but your not the guild master yet. Then you go get jobs from Vex and Delvin. You must complete 5 jobs for these 4 cities Markarth, Windhelm, Solitude, and Whiterun. After you complete 5 jobs for one city you get a special job from Delvin. You get one special job per city. After you completed all special jobs talk to Brynoff and he will tell you your ready to become guild. You will get a little ceremony. Then go to the Ragon Flagon. Talk to the thieves guild fence (forgot her name) she will give you you thieves guild master armor. Congratulations you are now the thieves guild headmaster.

• Upvote 2

Interesting. I've yet to officially finish the Thieves guild actually, and had no idea I had so much ahead of me still. I'm at the stage where I'm supposed to be bringing the Skeleton Key back, but I've decided to hold on to it to level lockpicking. Figured that was pretty much my last task.

• 2 months later...