Age of Oppression vs Aggression

Jake

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which came first?

• Oppression
    • Aggression

So, which do you guys think was the original. I believe Oppression came first, simply because the lyrics sound more natural. "Now Nearly Done" sounds "Just About Done." However, I think Oppression was based off of "The Dragonborn Comes." They have the same basic chord structure. Anyway, which do you think came first?

In case you are interested, here are the lyrics for both songs so you know which is which :P

The Age of Oppression

We drink to our youth, and to days come and gone. For the age of oppression is now nearly done.

We'll drive out the Empire from this land that we own. With our blood and our steel we will take back our home.

All hail to Ulfric! You are the High King! In your great honor we drink and we sing.

We're the children of Skyrim, and we fight all our lives. And when Sovngarde beckons, every one of us dies!

But this land is ours and we'll see it wiped clean. Of the scourge that has sullied our hopes and our dreams.

The Age of Aggression

We drink to our youth, to days come and gone. For the age of aggression is just about done.

We'll drive out the Stormcloaks and restore what we own. With our blood and our steel we'll take back our home.

Down with Ulfric the killer of kings. On the day of your death we'll drink and we'll sing.

We're the children of Skyrim, and we fight all our lives. And when Sovngarde beckons, every one of us dies!

But this land is ours and we'll see it wiped clean. Of the scourge that has sullied our hopes and our dreams.

Honestly there isn't any reason to believe either one was written first, but I'll say Age of Oppression just for arguments sake.

Yeah, I meant that there is no solid evidence and hardly any glimmer of valid speculation that would suggest that one was written before the other. Also, I seriously doubt that Ulfric or Tullius wrote either song as they are both head strong war leaders and not bards, who would of written either song.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...