Regarding Conversion/Merger

David

In a few hours, TRR will be moved to a sub-forum of ES.This decision was made due to our recent low level of forum activity; there's no point in paying $10-20 a month to host this community when there's a more than capable option in ES. All user accounts, topics, and other data will be converted (although I'll probably delete the spammy shit).The one thing that won't be carried over are our clan-specific member groups (Clan Leader, Warlord, etc). This is because I don't think it would help the legitimacy of ES by having a smaller community dominate with its own ranking system. All of these jobs will still be available and carried over; there just won't be specific forum groups.All in all, this transition will lead to TRR being more dependent on the in-game clan systems implemented by Jagex a few months ago. In the long run, I think the decision to split apart from a large dependence on a forum will help us change and compete with the new clan system that's largely overtaken the old ways of forums.trr.eldersouls.com (our current address) will point to the sub-community in ES that TRR will reside in. This probably won't take effect instantly, as your ISP will have to resolve the DNS. Until then, you will be able to access TRR by just visiting ES and going to the appropriate sub-forum.Cheers. Here's to hoping everything goes smoothly in the transition.

Post count will be transferred over (and possibly combined with ES if you already have an account there). Personally, I'd prefer it if the people that have an ES account just kept that and the TRR members had it reset, but I won't take that away from people because I know they want it.

You will get moderation powers in the RuneScape forum (at least), which will also let you adjust member groups if we find it necessary to make new group for TRR members (although I doubt we need to), and the multi-moderation for apps and such. If it gets to the point I need another Admin you may have to go back to that.

The conversion is done. I'd like to enlist all of your help in aiding my in finding bugs and other issues. The imported forums, specifically, are likely to have permission issues.Fergal, you will need to edit the joining topic's links; they all still point to the old site. The advertisement links will have to be updated, too. Although trr.eldersouls.com is the new domain, things that point to a specific thread, e.g. trr.eldersouls.com/joining_topic will still just redirect to the main index for TRR. All of the topic ID's have also changed, so things that used to point to the joining thread now post to some random Skyrim question. You'll also have to change some of the info in the joining topic that is no longer relevant; e.g. the "Rebe" and "Community Member" stuff.

Fergal, you will need to edit the joining topic's links; they all still point to the old site. The advertisement links will have to be updated, too. Although trr.eldersouls.com is the new domain, things that point to a specific thread, e.g. trr.eldersouls.com/joining_topic will still just redirect to the main index for TRR. All of the topic ID's have also changed, so things that used to point to the joining thread now post to some random Skyrim question. You'll also have to change some of the info in the joining topic that is no longer relevant; e.g. the "Rebe" and "Community Member" stuff.

I updated Zybez and RuneHQ, I don't have access to your accounts for the others. I don't think I should waste my time updating RSOF since that was just a waste in general. I've also updated the joining topic.I'll keep a look out for any other topics that need updating, this seems to have been the right choice anyhow. :)

It's good to know that everyone (or most people) seem to think it's working well initially. I'm definitely open to discussing changing the layout/organization of the forums. I'd like add that I'll be able to give TRR's forum and index page its own skin, so you can have your own "The Rebelz" logo and such. Things like the header can be re-added as well so that they only display on TRR's section.I'm also looking into a way to make a "TRR's Active Topics" link that will only display the active threads in the RuneScape section. It's already possible by using the "Filter by Forum" feature in "View New Content," but at the moment there's no link; it's an individual user option that's just saved.