cant talk to anyone!

Stucksincelastweek

Question

Hello

I play on xbox 360 and I am having some troubles with speech in skyrim. Ever since I completed the dark brother hood quest to get the necklace appraised I have had trouble talking to npcs.

when I talk to a random person or really anyone in the game most of the time I do not get any speech from then it will just be for example.

I have retrieved those thirty-nine bear asses you have requested for you potions

Npc: *silence*

Thank you for your compliment on my speed I assume that comes with a tip?

Npc: *silence*

You too, have a great day.

Or in the case of trying to continue the dark brotherhood questline when I talk to gabriela all her dialogue is greyed and I can't select any.

I have tried loading past saves, cleaning my disk, and waiting days for it to mabey fix its self. I am currently to far to start a new game and I wold love to continue my Skyrim experiance. I'm looking for possible fixes please respond :)

(also if you are wondering how long this has happened my name says it all).

5 answers to this question

The dark brotherhood quest involved taking a necklace that was given to me to cover "expanses" for assinating the emperor and Astrid sent me to get it appraised by a guy in Riften. Well I talked to him then I had to do an irl thing and came back a little over two hours later to see that Astrid was skipping dialogue and that this was starting to happen with most npcs I talked to. (And yes I have the voice setting on default)

That honestly has me stumped. I've not yet gotten to that part in the Dark Brotherhood questline though, so I've had no opportunity to try to duplicate that bug. I don't have time to research/play through it tonight, I'll try to find out the specific issue and hopefully a fix tomorrow. In the meantime maybe someone else can be of more help than I.Note: I believe the specific quest name is "The Silence Has Been Broken" (coincidence...?) if anyone wants to look into it.