followers keep saying i have a follower when i don't

Guest guest

Question

My dog follower died in riften and all the other followers say i still have one so i went back to riften and the dogs body disappeared and they keep saying i have a follower what should i do????

4 answers to this question

First of all, are you sure the dog is dead? Companions have a tendency to get stuck, or perhaps you told him to wait somewhere on accident - if that's the case, you should get a message saying something like "xxxx went home" after 3 days of waiting.

Things you can try:

[*]Return to the "home" of the dog, where it's supposed to be when not following you. (I know you mentioned Riften, if that's the place just disregard this).

[*]Start a quest that requires a different computer-appointed companion to follow you; this will forcibly remove any current companion you currently have. The Silver Hand in the Companions Guild questline is an example.

[*]Fast travel somewhere; if the dog is alive it should appear there with you. If not, it may reset the "following you" thing.

______

You should also consider creating an account here; it comes with several benefits and will also make it easier to post questions and answers. It's completely free! :)

I saw him die cause i accidentally killed him and when i went up to his body it said search. I also tried having another follower with the dog and it didn't work. I still can't get any other followers, i even tried paying mercenaries and they keep saying i already have a follower any other ideas on what to do?