THQ Dissolved; Rumored PS4 and Xbox 720 Specs
The Death of THQ
If you read my article a couple weeks ago, The Good, the Bad, and the Fat Guy, you would know that THQ hasn't been doing too well lately. Well, things certainly haven't, er... Improved. THQ is officially dead, and they have begun selling off their IPs. Here's what has been determined so far...
- Sega purchased Relic for $26.6 million.
- Kock Media purchased Volition and Metro for $22.3 million and $5.8 million respectively.
- Crytek bought Homefront for $500,000. (A fair pair-up, if I do say so myself.)
- Take 2 purchased Evolve for $10.8 million.
- Ubisoft bought Montreal for $2.5 million and South Park for $3.265 million.
Potential PS3 and 360 Specs Leaked
Most people predicted that the next generation consoles will come out this holiday, and this only reinforces suspicions. There are rumored specs for the next Xbox - or as I like to call it, the "Nextbox" - and the upcoming PlayStation 4. Here are the rumored PS4 specs...
- System Memory: 8GB
- Video Memory: 2.2 GB
- CPU: 4x Dual-Core AMD64 "Bulldozer" (8x cores)
- GPU: AMD R10xx
- Ports: 4x USB 3.0, 2x Ethernet
- Drive: Blu-Ray (duh)
- HDD: 160GB
- Audio Output: HDMI & Optical, 2.0, 5.1 & 7.1 channels
- Processor: 8-core 1.6GHz processor
- RAM: 8GB DDR3
- GPU: 800MHz
- Drive: 6x Blu-Ray
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Despite the exciting next-gen rumors, we still have much more content to be released on this current generation. One such example is the Dragon's Dogma expansion pack, "Dark Arisen." Dragon's Dogma was considered one of the greatest games of 2012; it showed that, contrary to popular belief, Capcom was NOT as evil as Activision. It was my personal GotY, so I can't wait for the expansion.
Dark Arisen will take your party to Bitterblack Isle, where you will encounter all sorts of new and powerful monsters. In fact, there are 25 new monsters in total. There will also be new weapons and armor, although that should be expected from an RPG expansion. You will even unlock an extra level in the skill trees. I can't wait to see what these do. In the vanilla game, your strongest spells summoned earthquakes, meteor showers, and tornadoes! How much more powerful can you get? Only time will tell.
It's releasing on April 23rd in the same fashion as Dragon Age: Awakening. It will be on a disk or on digital download, and it will cost $39.99.