Cannot find follower

Guest Aaron

Question

Guest Aaron

Sorry about first comment. My internet is down so I'm posting from my phone which makes everything difficult. Anyway...I'm trying to do the "Chasing Echoes" quest but I cannot get Serana to follow me because I have a follower. I cannot seem to find said follower to get rid of them. I've tried waiting three days and fast traveling and waiting some more but he just never shows up. How can I get rid of him to continue with this quest line?

12 answers to this question

Guest Ernesto

If you completed all of the brotherhood quests. This is what you need to do (if you lost your follower) go to the dawnstar brotherhood sanctuary. Go inside were you can see (nazir)He'll be sitting down at the table. You will find the new recruit cooking. Activate dialogue box. Your are going to tell her that you dont want nothing. Go to a potenial follower. If he/she is still telling you that you already have someone. Go back to the sanctuary and attack your new recruit untill she stops cookingThey will try to kill you so your gonna get out of the sanctuary. Get back inside. Start a dialogue with the new recruit. She will tell you to see (nazir) he will tell you that you need to pay a fine of 300 gold. Pay the man. The follower glitch should be over after that. You can tell her to follow you now

These follower questions can be caused by a lot of things, so it is hard to say what happened. However, there are a couple of fixes that you can try.

• Wait 3 days. Your follower may reset and go back home. Bah I should read the topic better.
  • Start a quest that requires you to have a follower. Again, my bad.
  • This one is a stretch as I've never tried nor heard of this solution being done before. Part of Barenziah Boethia's quest requires you to bring a follower to the altar to be sacrificed. I guess, in theory, if you bring a follower to the altar, then you'll kill whatever follower is following you. However, this may not work at all and instead make the Barenziah quest un-finishable, so save before doing this.
  • Also, once you do the main quest far enough, you have the opportunity to join the Blades. After you join them, you can bring them followers to join the team. This only works 3 times and doing this may make you team of Blades be short a member, but it is worth nothing.

That is the only creative fixes I thought of. I hope these works and please respond if you tried any of these out.

Guest Aaron

Well, I've already finished the Blades quest lines so that one is out. I've only found 9 of the Barenziah stones, so I'm not sure where the sacrificial part of that quest comes along but there are like 26 stones total. That is probably not going to work out since I really dont want to find all the rest. I've loaded the only previous save for this character and I still have the follower and still cannot find him. This blows, I've put 6-8 hours into Dawnguard now only to be stopped by a stupid bug. Why don't they let you take on new followers without having to physically dismiss whoever you already have? Just have the new follower cancel out the old one and send him home. /sigh

Guest Ernesto

Im having the same bug serana wont stop saying the same thing. I dont have a follower, sume of my followers have died. I realy want to play that quest.

Guest Ernesto

I do have an idea. Back when i started playing skyrim. I came upon a bug in the quest were u have to quietly follow that sneaky argonion. At first i didnt follow him. But wene i dicided to go to him. He was nowhere to be found. I got stuck. I thought it was never gonna go away so i started playing other games. 2 or 3 months pass i play skyrim again. And that quest was back to normal. It was wierd i know

Guest darkslasher

i am also having the same problem, i have no follower with me, the last one i had was Meeko the dog and he dissapeared , i have tried contacting bethesda support, but nothing, they claim they are working on it, but it seems the bug is also on xbox seeing the majority of the people with this are on xbox

if anyone finds out of a way to find or track down your lost follower please let me know

Guest Joe Skyrim

Had the same problem. All you need to do is find out who is following you and dismiss them. Luckily for me that person was waiting in my house.

Guest Phil Skyrim

this bug is also on the ps3 version and I'm about to submit to the urge to commit random acts of violence on my unit... have tried waiting at my home for 7 days, at the Dawnstar sanctuary (Cicero is my follower) for 7 days. I have slept in the Bee and Barb for 5 days, fast travelled to 5 different towns. It's all no good and I can't complete the Boethiah quest unless I can get rid of the irritating little fellow. But he's nowhere to be seen! Help!

If you completed all of the brotherhood quests. This is what you need to do (if you lost your follower) go to the dawnstar brotherhood sanctuary. Go inside were you can see (nazir)He'll be sitting down at the table. You will find the new recruit cooking. Activate dialogue box. Your are going to tell her that you dont want nothing. Go to a potenial follower. If he/she is still telling you that you already have someone. Go back to the sanctuary and attack your new recruit untill she stops cookingThey will try to kill you so your gonna get out of the sanctuary. Get back inside. Start a dialogue with the new recruit. She will tell you to see (nazir) he will tell you that you need to pay a fine of 300 gold. Pay the man. The follower glitch should be over after that. You can tell her to follow you now

Thank you!!! I thought I would never get to finish Dawnguard. It was getting really old with stupid Cicero nowhere to be found! That really helped.