PC - Skyrim Won't Run

kaimana

Question

I just bought skyrim for my laptop its an HP pavilion dv6 notebook pc. Processor - Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz 2.13 GHz Installed memory ram 4.0Gb and 3.80 available. System type is 64-bit operating system and its windows 7 home premium. Now when ive download and deleted and redownloaded this game at least 5 times and the out come is still the same. The main menu is fine you can see the loading screen just fine and the words clearly, until the game itself starts. The screen is completely distrouted you can sometimes get a glimpse of the people in the wagon but nothing else. Now i can see the compass bar on the top fine and when the words move your mouse to look around pops up i can see that fine as well and when you pause it the menu where the objective and yada yada yada is shows perfectly normal i can see everything basically besides the game itself.................PLEASE HELP!!!! ill show an example its not my screen but someone else is going through what I am. www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2HNeC3EcFc and on top of that when i downloaded it it told me it space needed was like 500 or 5000 and something mb and it showed me how much space i had available and it was more more than enough.

5 answers to this question

I don't know how much help I can be since I'm not a huge PC gamer, but I know of a few people with similar problems and I'll ask them if they were able to fix it.

Before that there are some basic things you can check:

[*]Are you positive your computer has the requirements to run the game? http://www.systemreq...cyri/intro.aspx

[*]Try configuring sound output,

Control Panel > Sound > (right-click on sound output device(e.g. speakers), properties > Advanced

Here, I changed the Default Format to 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality). After changing this and clicking Apply, Skyrim worked fine on the next startup. According to hyper_gateway, you don't have to set the sound quality that low; for example, 24 bits, 96000hz will still work.

[*]Run Steam in offline mode.

[*]Run the program as an administrator (find the executable that launches the game in its folder -> right click --> run as administrator)

• Upvote 1

Posted Image Video Card Minimum: DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM (NOTE: This requirement is NOT yet confirmed by Bethesda - NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT & ATI Radeon X1800. Please be advised this may change soon). You Have: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD Posted Image Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your Video Card does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations. Posted Image Click here for the latest Video drivers. Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card Required You Have Posted Image Video RAM 512 MB 1.7 GB Posted Image Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.0 Posted Image Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.0

Thanks so much the info was really helpful although its not fix i think i know what the problem is now however its kind of confusing because It says required and what i have and it looks like i have enough for them all which i dont get. however if it really is my video card will there be a way i could get one installed in my laptop and if so how much would it cost?

Yes, you could upgrade your laptop's video card. How much that costs is going to depend on whether or not you pay for it to be installed (honestly I've never done it on a laptop and from what I understand it's more complicated because of the limited space), and which card you choose to upgrade to. I'm sure if you google the video card you intend to use they'll have general price estimates from places like Amazon.Before you go out and buy a new graphics/video card, you should first make sure you have all of your drivers updated since that could be the problem too. You should be able to find these on the website of whatever company made your laptop (e.g. HP, Dell, etc); there should be directions along with a download. Just google "*laptop name* *company name* drivers" and you should find it rather easily.Hopefully one of our computer gamers can comment on this and be of more help than me. Welcome to the site btw. :)

• Upvote 1