Help for thief's guild quest bug/glitch (PS3)

Guest Skyrim-fan

Question

Guest Skyrim-fan

I can't seem to get the quest after completing "hard answers" the game will say I've completed hard answers but I won't get the next quest! Karliah will give me the nightingale blade but not the next quest!!! And when shes leaving the inn in winterhold she will go back to snow veil sanctum when I try u talk to her she will just say "hmm" this bug/glitch is making me VERY VERY mad I had to go down 4 levels (I'm level 54 now) and do all those quest again..not to mention 3 other dragon priest masks and all the main quest for the companions and other side quest

4 answers to this question

Hm. I know there are glitches like that with the quest, but I've never heard of those specifics. One fix for this when players were saying she was stuck in Winterhold was to re-enter the museum and take the translation off of calcemo's stone again; this apparently reset the conversations.Let us know if that works; sorry to hear about your lost gameplay. :)________________If this was helpful, you should consider joining our community!

Guest John

I am having the same problems. I was at max level and went back to finish this quest series. I encountered the same problem. I went back many times and even tried it on two new save files and it will no give me the next quest. Thanks to this the thieves guild is the only quest line I cannot complete

I have the same problem and iv tried everything.1. Restart hard answers by shouting her down the stairs and having her shoot me again. 2. Letting her leave the inn basement before me then sleeping for seven days3. Doing side quests for vex and devlinNo matter what she leaves winter hold and heads straight for the snow veil sanctum. TRY THESE FIRST JUSTIN CASE. I just resently read but I have not tried yet was if u broke into the manor before hard answers to get chillrend and you picked up the mercers plans DROP THE PLANS BEFORE YOU talk to karliah. Hope it helps.