How do I reset my old disenchantments?

Creschy

Question

Let's say I disenchanted something with 20% firedmg-reduction but I found something that has 50% dmg reduction. 
The problem now is that I can't disenchant the new one because I have already disenchanted something with firedmg-reduction and I would like to know if any of you know a way to reset my old disenchants or overwrite them with the new one?
I would appreciate it if someone could help me out with my problem.

• Upvote 1

2 answers to this question

The magnitude of the enchantment doesn't matter when you disenchant - the effect is the only thing you get regardless. When you go to enchant something, the strength is based upon several things, such as...

• Enchanting level
  • Enchanter Perk
  • Soul Gem
  • Potions

For example, when enchanting apparel, the maximum multiplier with 100 Enchanting, 5 points in Enchanter, the +25% perk, and a Grand soul gem is 3.125x. With potions, it is 4.21875x.

tl;dr you have nothing to worry about.

Keep in mind David is correct.

David is always correct. Except for this one time when he wasn't, but I think that it was my fault, being that my question was a little weird.

Anyway, I agree with Dave... and my only wish is that I had of got here before he did to tell you the same thing, only in less complicated terms.... "the higher your own enchanting level, the stronger your own enchantments will be" (and yeah, perks, soul gems and potions help as well).

I mean heck, Dave, you weren't around for ages, then when someone finally asked a question I could smartly answer, there you are again, stealing another part of my could-have-been glory ;-;

• Upvote 1