Dragonborn: Unearthed Quest

Guest bveal

Question

I was doing the Unearthed Quest in Koljorn Barrow, in Solstheim, but when I get to the final part of the quest where you find Ralis Sedarys chanting to awaken Ahzidal - he never does. The game skips straight to confronting Ralis every time. Ahzidal never wakes up, so I can't get his dragon priest mask. Any tips? I'm playing on a PS3 and loading the old save doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated!

4 answers to this question

I know there's a similar (the same?) bug that causes the quest to skip to the Ralis confrontation. You find that Ahzidal has already been killed by Ralis, who was incorrectly marked as hostile to draugr prior to your appearance. Have you tried interacting with Ahzidal's corpse? It sounds to me like he's already been killed, as would be expected with that bug. If this is the case, all you need to do is loot him and continue on as normal.

Note that Ahzidal's corpse will be an ash pile that contains the mask and some other miscellaneous items. There will also probably be dead draugrs around.

I did some more looking around in the cave and found the Ahzidal ash pile underneath the pillar near the  last open draugr case on the right. Thanks for your help, I wouldn't have found it otherwise.