Apparel & Potion to increase Light Armor Skill

Guest Kevin

Question

Hi, i have a silver ring which gives me +10 light armor skill, and a skirmisher's potion which gives +10 light armor skill for 60s. But neither of these allow me to spend a point on a certain light armor tree perk. So let's say i have 30 light armor skill but i need 40 to spend my point on a certain perk, so i wore the ring or consume the potion and now i have 40 light armor skill (in green number). But even then i can't spend a point on the perk.

Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks. And don't worry, i already took the required preceding perks.

3 answers to this question

I don't think the potion-boosted skill levels will count towards unlocking a perk. You probably have to actually have that level without any fortifying effects.

So what does the +light armor skill from the ring and the potion do exactly?

So what does the +light armor skill from the ring and the potion do exactly?

It will have essentially the same effect as gaining a normal level, i.e. you will increase your armor rating and take less physical damage. I think unlocking perks is one exception to that general rule, otherwise I don't know what would be causing your issue.