skyrim wedding bug

Guest hayd

Question

So I'm trying to get married to Senna, and I am at the stage where I have arranged the wedding and have the objective "attend your wedding ceremony". I arranged the wedding at around midday. So I wait for 12 hours and the guests and bride arrive. I can wait for another 12, (24 hours total) and yet the wedding still does not start. The priest just stands there, Senna just repeats the same line over and over, and nothing happens until I "Fail" the wedding.

I have tried waiting in different locations, inside the Temple, outside, outside the city, I have even tried travelling to Whiterun and back but with no success. So basically, no matter what I do, everyone turns up to the wedding but the ceremony never starts.

What can I do? I have already tried adding her to the "married" faction through commands, completing the objective through commands, even completing the quest through commands. I also have no saves prior to the point immediately after I arranged the wedding.

suggestions?

1 answer to this question

I can't even recall who Senna is atm, had myself too many Sambuca's....

but you are obviously on PC. I take it you have a marriage or relationship mod active??? Get rid of it! Seriously. The only time i have marriage difficulty (in-game haha) is when i have a relationship/marriage mod active. Check and make sure. If not, i don't know what to suggest.  Really, glitches aren't that common when you do everything by the book.

have fun