MAIN QUEST BUG NEED HELP

Guest Stephen

Question

Guest Stephen

I know this is stupid but is there a mod of how to fix a bug in a quest? I mean like the one in the main quest where delphine doesnt open the wardrobe for you because she's asking to close the door even if obviously there is no door to close for us to continue to her secret place. Anyone who can help a novice like me? Please notice me XD I know this is not a big problem for you guys but I really do appreciate if there is someone who can end my problems and gives a solution to this annoying bug.

12 answers to this question

This is not a bug, there IS actually a door you need to close. When you follow Delphine from the main tavern hall into the room where the wardrobe is located, it is the door to that room she is referring to. Close the door to that room and she will say, "that's better" and then she opens the secret entrance to the basement: 

fspwUhQ.jpg

2yVvF22.jpg

XxNiOW8.jpg

Xq90ZbA.jpg

Um... I'm not even sure what I'm looking at there, the graphics seem archaic, no offence. the details are missing, the grain in the timber of the walls is missing, and even the floor in your pic is different in your game than in mine. That just doesn't look right. Did you by any chance download a predated version???? You are on PC, right? In any case i don't think I'm qualified to help you any further with this. 

pPH9LQx.jpg

Guest Stephen

Any idea of whats happening to my game? I have mods but i really dont have an idea which of my mods affecting the game to cause this. Is there a mod bugging the game?

if you have windows you can take a pic of your screen by pressing the "windows" key and the "prt sc" buttons at the same time. if its a mac then you will need to google it. To answer your question your game matrix seems very archaic and somewhat cartoonist, lacking the details of graphics that mine and most others ive seen have. i doubt if a mod is responsible for removing the doors from a tavern room or the details from a wall and floor. but you could always go into your Data Files and un-tick them 1 by 1 and see if you come across any culprits. Actually, in your situation - and only personally speaking - seeing the extreme nature of your issues, i would deactivate ALL the mods you have at once. See if that helps. And if it does then slowly start adding them back again, 1 by 1 until you come across the problem again. I am unable to guess at what mods you have.

In the future try and avoid mods that affect actual game atmosphere settings or gameplay/strategy. Why chance breaking the game?