Ghostblade bug, wtf

Sword Maiden

Question

I recently added the Ghostblade back into my inventory after having it stored away for quite awhile. I like to keep all my weapons up to par and I had improved it quite a bit. Sadly, I tried to put it on the weapons rack in my Solitude home for safe keeping, and it just disappeared. It's not in my inventory and not on the rack. This has never happened to any of my weapons before. Another bug, JUST MY LUCK. Is there anyway I can find it again? I know you obtain it through completion of a quest line, but I would love to have it back.

2 answers to this question

This is a known bug with the Ghostblade, unfortunately.

Are you sure it's actually gone, and not just invisible? Try moving your pointer around the rack and see if it's registers as if it were an invisible "dropped" item. If you're playing on a console (360/PS3), your only other options are 1) accept its loss, or 2) reload a previous save, unfortunately. If you're on the PC, it's an easy fix via console commands (let me know and I can tell you what to do).

I recently added the Ghostblade back into my inventory after having it stored away for quite awhile. I like to keep all my weapons up to par and I had improved it quite a bit. Sadly, I tried to put it on the weapons rack in my Solitude home for safe keeping, and it just disappeared. It's not in my inventory and not on the rack. This has never happened to any of my weapons before. Another bug, JUST MY LUCK. Is there anyway I can find it again? I know you obtain it through completion of a quest line, but I would love to have it back.

im guessing your on xbox or ps. Why didn't you go back to a previous save and then not put it on the rack? Dave's right, its probably embedded beneath the floor surface or something. some things do that when they aren't placed correctly. 

this is the code for pc if you wanna know it:   94a2b

To use the code, open the console and put in the command as you see in the pic below (bottom left of screen), and then press enter for the ghostblade to be added and show up as "Ghostblade Added"  at the top left of the screen:

PCas4Hy.jpg