Skeleton Key

Buttons

Question

Usually I will not bother keeping the skeleton key after obtaining it from Mercer, but usually I would console command as many lockpicks as I desire because I didn't see why I cant craft them at a forge. Doesn't seem right. However, with my new Dragonborn character I am sticking to the rules and only using console commands when I encounter a glitch that might rip me off or bugger up a quest. So, my question is This: If I keep the skeleton Key, can I still return the Thieves Guild the their former glory? Or does it only prevent me from finishing the main guild quest line? ...or are they one and the same?

5 answers to this question

I understand Bear Goldblade, and usually I would just return it (besides, I prefer to finish the thieves guild quest line). But recently I paid a fine to the guards to avoid a mere 24 hours in jail, but they took all my stolen goods, that included over 90% of my lockpicks. (I was so happy to have had so many lock picks from pickpocketing, and then suddenly I barely had any at all!) I was very angry, so instead of pickpocketing everybody in Skyrim all over again I thought there might be an easier way. Hence the Skeleton Key issue....

:no:

Ah, the troubles of playing an honest game....