Auriel's Bow Quest Won't start....

SkyrimKitten

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello Skyrim Kitten,

I had a quick read up on the "Touching The Sky" Quest (I hope that's the right one). As far as I can tell, most of the bugs are caused by unfinished rolling dialogue with either Serana, Gelebor or Vyrthur. If you are rightly fed-up and don't want to go back and talk to them all again, just use the "setstage" command: setstage dlc1vq07

that should get it started for you.  

or you could visit the site for more info on commands:  http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Touching_the_Sky

OR, have you tried shutting down the game and restarting it? probably.

By the way, i hate Darkfall Passage, i always have to reset my lighting to high so i can see where the hell I'm going!

Wish you well Skyrim Kitten

Hello Skyrim Kitten,

I had a quick read up on the "Touching The Sky" Quest (I hope that's the right one). As far as I can tell, most of the bugs are caused by unfinished rolling dialogue with either Serana, Gelebor or Vyrthur. If you are rightly fed-up and don't want to go back and talk to them all again, just use the "setstage" command: setstage dlc1vq07

that should get it started for you.  

or you could visit the site for more info on commands:  http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Touching_the_Sky

OR, have you tried shutting down the game and restarting it? probably.

By the way, i hate Darkfall Passage, i always have to reset my lighting to high so i can see where the hell I'm going!

Wish you well Skyrim Kitten

some reason the main story line now isn't working as well such as going to the grey beards or anything in that nature.......

Did all of that stop working once you did the setstage command? that can happen if you haven't finished your preparations correctly. If so return to a previous save point and make sure you finish talking to everyone that had dialogue leading up to the quest: 

I recently I had a problem with getting started on Diplomatic Immunity, and i found out that it was because i had my timescale set at a different rate than what is normal. I had it set at 1 (which is real time) instead of 20 (which is default in-game time). Have you made any changes to your game through console that may be to blame?

Also, are these quests showing up on your journal/quest page?

maybe you have a new mod?