Diplomatic immunity. unable to complete by any of my characters!

Buttons

Question

I've just started the "diplomatic immunity" quest with my newest character, and i am completely ready with invitation at the door of the embassy, but there is no guard there to take the invitation and let me into the party! I tried waiting but it says I cant wait in that location. I tried breaking in with console codes and even finished the quest by using the UNLOCK code a few times inside as well, but the game will no longer let me wait anywhere at all! So i went back to the start of the quest to try again, and again and again, but every time i try the guard at the door isn't there to take my invitation and let me in! She must be dead or something....

I tried wiki but I cant make heads or tails of what it is telling me to do. cant find any codes!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!  I'm really frustrated right now....

10 answers to this question

Ok, so..... I found out what the problem was, and just for anyone else who cant figure out why their "Diplomatic Immunity" quest won't get past the embassy door: keep your timescale on default! default timescale is 20. I had mine set at 1 (1 is real time). Don't Do That! IF YOU CHANGE THE IN-GAME TIMESCALE "DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY" WILL NOT WORK! (It won't even let you wait in that location, if you could you would be able to wait for the guard to arrive and take your invitation, but you can't...) Nothing works except setting the timescale at default. 

PS. changing the timescale to 1 will also cause a delay in response time in many other areas of the game, meaning that you will have to "wait" more often then normal. I'm unhappy about this because I like the game set at real time, but i just can't live with the frustration any more.....

• Upvote 1

This getting serious now, I tried doing the Diplomatic immunity quest with another character and i get stuck at the same spot. WTF????

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Before you tell me that a mod is causing the problem, i would just like to say that i have done this quest before with all the same mods. Not a mod issue.

Still cant get in the embassy. Even tried beating up the drunk sitting on the rock near the steps. Still no guard to take my invite! But hey, even if the guard at the door is dead in both those two characters games, preventing her from taking my invitation and letting me in (no matter how unlikely that sounds), why is the game preventing me from being able to wait from that point onward, no matter where go in Skyrim? Wiki is talking about this glitch being solved in some 1.5 edition (whatever that means), but i think it is referring to xbox's and PS's, it doesn't give out any codes for people who have the same problem on pc. 

I'm very fuckn frustrated right now. so much so that i even started up a new post for Dave to get upset at me with. Sorry David....I'm very upset

Dave, thanks for cleaning the above mess up for me, but I'm still a little concerned about the issue. I did the "setstage mq201 100"  for the Diplomatic immunity quest to begin properly and the guard did appear at the door to take my invite, but then the drunk outside wouldn't come in to cause a distraction. So then i had to do "completequest" code as well, and then another setstage code for the beginning of the "Cornered Rat" Quest because Delphine was being a stubern bitch, living in the past, you know? Then i had to use another code for Esbern to open the door in the ratway. Very annoying! So yeah, things were a little jumpy at first but it seems to be running a bit smoother now that I'm holding a peace conference on top of the mountain with the Graybeards and the two Waring factions.

But here is my question/questions:

Is it possible that I'm having problems with the main questline because i started the Dawnguard quest-line too early? I started Dawnguard before i even got the horn of the windcaller for the graybeards, so....???

You probably don't need to know the following part, but I just wanted to say: It's just that i wanted to get dawnguard done so i could get Bran (the husky dog) as a follower for my newest character. See, she suits a husky, don't you think?

Cp6H9Yt.jpg

ps. she is NOT a vampire

Now none of my characters can finish Diplomatic Immunity!!! I just started up a new Dragonborn, keeping strictly to the main quest line and killing no Thelmor along the way. It was a time consuming experiment, but it did prove that my game wont let me do the Diplomatic Immunity quest any more.... I always get stopped at the door with no guard to take my invitation and let me in. I need to get this fixed because it seems stupid to have to do the completequest/setstage commands every time a new character arrives at this point!

I'm very upset because Diplomatic immunity was one of my favorites. Who wouldn't want to infiltrate and kill Thelmor? 

If anyone has an answer please help!!!!!!

I'm glad you were able to figure it out, because I wouldn't have ever guessed that the timescale was adjusted (who does that?). I think Buttons may be getting a little bit too deep into this whole console business. ;)

Thanks for your efforts Dave. I know, the timescale thing didn't seem to be doing any harm, except for a few delayed reactions, so I really didn't think it would have been causing the problem. But I had eliminated all other options so....  

Now that i think about it, it kinda makes sense, right. :yes:

And yes, I do far too many commands these days I think, especially when building houses. I don't take the challenge of the game away though, there wouldn't be any point in playing if there wasn't any challenge. But i do like my dragonborns to have a few additives that the game usually makes me work for (things i cant be bothered with when there are more exciting things to be doing). I cant remember the last time i played a new game without using console..... I might have to try that again one day....

Guest Derek

I have adjust the timescale to 20 and it still delaying on the Diplomatic Immunity Quest, It started where my characters gets in the carriage and it takes forever to load.

PLEASE HELP!

I have adjust the timescale to 20 and it still delaying on the Diplomatic Immunity Quest, It started where my characters gets in the carriage and it takes forever to load.

PLEASE HELP!

There is something else that can cause the diplomatic quest and some other quests to be delayed: it may be the thugs who are sent to teach you a lesson. You know the ones, sent from random people you may have stolen from?? They may be on their way to you, in which case the quest may be postponed. its just a bug, so go back to a previous save point, right before you get on the carriage, and go do something else while waiting for the thugs to arrive. try waiting in a major town like Solitude, or some other major town. If they don't come within a day or two then make sure your timescale is set to default 20 long before activating the Diplomatic Immunity quest, Because resetting the timescale during the quest may not work either. I don't know what else to suggest. Unless you have a mod holding you back??? Have you downloaded any mods since the last time you did the Diplomatic immunity quest?