Tolfdir wont make his next move

Buttons

Question

Tolfdir (college of winterhold) has got me to stand across from him so i can block his flames with a lesser ward spell, but he now refuses to go any further, he just stands there staring at me. Very annoying.

I've tried walking around on the spot and recasting the ward spell, but that didn't work for me. I've tried waiting but it wont let me wait in that location. I tried waiting in a different location, but no. I've tried going off and doing something else and then returning, but he just continues to stand there and stare. I even tried sprinting into him to see if that would knock some sense into him, but nothing works.

Need some help please...

Does anyone know the code to finish the "First Lessons" quest? That would be very much appreciated.

1 answer to this question

So this is what i did, seeing that no one cared to give me a code to make it simple: I killed the cat (the one at the college who was standing behind Tolfdir) then being chased by a bunch of amateur magicians I made my escape and kept running out of town until i was able to fast travel, at which point i fast traveled to the nearest place that didn't have any guards, proceeded to wait there for 24 hours and then fast traveled back to the college of Winterhold where i resurrected the cat, then spoke to Tolfdir again, who told me; "In light of the unfortunate incident that took place recently, i think it best we move on..."

Quest complete!

In any case, I didn't like doing it this way because i wasn't sure if the cat would ever be the same again.

So thank you all anyway....  :sad: