Help?

Guest Sikander

Question

Guest Sikander

Okay so i just started playing Skyrim. I got past the beginning and i headed over to Riverwood. And i was walking around and i saw a chicken. I thought "Eh, what harm would it do if i killed a chicken?" so i did that and that ended up giving me a bounty and now i can interact with anyone because they al try to kill me. How do i pay off my bounty and get the people to stop attacking me?

8 answers to this question

Talk to a guard. You will have two options - paying the bounty or going to jail. Since you just attacked a chicken, the bounty should be pretty low. However, since you just started, you still may not have enough gold. In that case, you can just go to jail, click on the bed, and "sleep" through it.

If the guards automatically start attacking you on sight, press and HOLD the button to sheathe your weapon (I would tell you the specific button but I don't know what system you're playing on). They will then approach and talk to you.

Chicken killer! 

How dare you! Who do you think you are, some variety of poultry hater???  It might seem to be an insignificant animal, just a lowly chicken, but that's where the trouble begins, my friend, that's where it all begins!! So what's your next target I wonder - what's next?? Sure it's a chicken now, but then what, a goat maybe?? hmm? Huh? Is that what your working up to, a poor defenseless GOAT???? You ought to be ashamed... just ashamed.... Chicken Killer!!

Grab up your pitchforks my fellow villagers, we're gonna hunt ourselves a chicken hater....

:wink: