I can't find my husband??

Guest kal

Question

I married Argis the Bulwark and he left the ceremony right after. I was assuming that he'd gone to the Vindrel hall where I first met him (I thought this would be because in another file before, I married marcurio and I found him in the Bee and Barb where I first saw him.) but Argis isn't there! I've checked the abandoned house, *spoiler* even if I haven't completed the quest house of horrors yet, I thought that maybe he's assuming I own the abandoned house idk lol* it's been days (in skyrim) and he's no where in Markarth! I went back to Riften to see if I've left him XD, I've also tried going to the Breezehome but instead I found Lydia.. Please help!

1 answer to this question

There's dialogue that's available right after the wedding ceremony where you can decide to live either in their house (if they own one) or one of yours. If you didn't go through this dialogue, you should double-check Vindrel Hall, the temple you married at, and all your personal homes in addition to the place you first met them.

If he really can't be found, there's some good news and bad news. The bad news -- there's bug that causes your spouse to disappear after leaving the marriage ceremony. However, the good news is that this can probably be fixed.

PC and Console Solution

Leave the Temple of Mara and either wait or do something else for at least 1 in-game day. Re-entering the temple may (or may not) solve the issue.

PC-Only Solution

Open the console with the tilde ( ` ) key and type the following...

player.moveto (NPC RefID)

Replace (NPC RefID) with the spouse's ID (for Argis the Bulwark, it's 000A2C92), then hit enter. You should appear next to your spouse.

Example command below.

player.moveto 000A2C92