Can't get to Solstheim

amandath3panda

Question

8 answers to this question

Its still not working i uninstalled it and re installed it and its still not working at all..................

Ok, you will need to be more exact with what is going on. Does it say that it has completed installation or whatever process wording it uses?? If it looks like it is installed correctly, what level are you on and how exactly isn't it working? Be precise.

Keep in mind that Dragonborn doesn't activate until about 5 or 6 of the main quests are complete. And as much as i would hate to say this: if you cant find any kids, try the orphanage in Riften and look for the other street kids during the day, not at night. 

In any case I'm busy racking my brain to find answers for you. I think it might be something simple.... It usually is. 

One other thing, as David mentioned, check to make sure your dlc boxes are ticked in DATA FILES

• Upvote 1

Make sure the DLC is installed and enabled. You can check by right-clicking the game on Steam's game list, selecting properties, and then navigating to the DLC tab on the pop-up. Sometimes it takes awhile for Steam to install it. 

On the same pop-up, I'd also check the Local Files tab and hit the Verify Integrity of Game Cache button. Let it run for a bit until completion. 

Let me know if problems still persist after going through the above.

It still wont work.... http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/550895166167193671/8F719F17F8983CD5A8450035C7702D4DFEBCBEF6/                      it doesnt show it on the map and it doesnt even give me the option and i did everything above..... and it is installed, but i still cant go to Solstheim      http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/550895166167192492/8534A75635485ECDA6305A038D72D88333A674C0/

It still wont work.... http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/550895166167193671/8F719F17F8983CD5A8450035C7702D4DFEBCBEF6/                      it doesnt show it on the map and it doesnt even give me the option and i did everything above..... and it is installed, but i still cant go to Solstheim      http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/550895166167192492/8534A75635485ECDA6305A038D72D88333A674C0/

Ok Amandath3panda, If the Dragonborn has been installed then there could be a couple of other reasons why it isn't working for you:

1. You need to complete a certain amount of the quests on the main Skyrim questline before the Dragonborn quest-line is activated. By memory i think it is four to six main quest-line quests. When you have completed the right amount of main quest-line quests some of Miraaks goons will come after you. (they are wearing white masks) You will probably need to kill those goons and read the letter one of them is carrying. At that point you will be able to go to Solstheim.

2. Once # 1 has taken place, exit the eastern gate to Windhelm and go down to the docks where you will need to board the boat that has Captain Gjalund. If you have the quest marked on your quest list the quest marker will be hovering over Gjalund's head. Talk to him. He will not want to take you to Solstheim but it isn't hard to persuade him. Soon enough you will be on your way. 

Okay when i checked, now i can't get any children.... I cant find any and this is being ridiculous, i still can go to soltheim and i cant adopt its like all my dlc's are gone which i bought the legendary from steam so IDK whats going on and i need to fix it...... Any answers....

Unfortunately, the answer remaining is the one you may not like: Uninstall/Re-install. I'm also on PC. I Originally got the Skyrim IV disc and later added the Legendary Edition from disc which worked out just fine for me. Personally i prefer to install from a disc because I have also had bad experiences with installing from Steam and other sites.

Anyway, if you are having problems then just do the uninstall/re-install thing. Apparently you won't lose any progress that way  :wink:

Poor you.....  :sad: