safest way of getting rid of my house pet, Meeko.

Buttons

Question

Recently I've been renovating and redecorating my Lakeside house, which is difficult with Meeko hanging around. I want to send him back to the shack where i found him. I realize i could just kill him then resurrect him, but i don't want my kid to be angry at me and i am unsure of the long term effects of resurrection codes. Is it safe to do it that way, keeping in mind that i may want to recruit him again later in the game? Or are there some safer codes to use on that cute little flea-bitten pest? In sending him away i also want to keep other dog follower options open.

Would "disable/enable" codes be safe for all these factors? 

2 answers to this question

As it turns out I was unable to kill Meeko with the console code "kill", so i just killed him with my mace instead, then resurrected him and sent him home. Unfortunately I had to let my daughter be angry at me for 24 hours. Does anyone know why he wouldn't die with the kill code? More curious than anything. It did work on my horse though...