Dawnguard attacking me on sight!

Guest Cerezo

Question

So I have the quest to go talk to the main guy about becoming Dawnguard, i get there and the dude that stands there waiting before u get to the building, attacked me. So, obviously, i killed him and continued on. Well i got there and they attacked me. So i ran off, waited 3 days just in case and went back, still attacked me. I checked for a bounty in ALL cities, no bounties. I am not a vampire but in process of questline for werewolf. I have even cured myself just to be safe. I am a part of the dark brotherhood and the thieves guild. Why do dawnguard keep attacking me?

1 answer to this question

So I have the quest to go talk to the main guy about becoming Dawnguard, i get there and the dude that stands there waiting before u get to the building, attacked me. So, obviously, i killed him and continued on. Well i got there and they attacked me. So i ran off, waited 3 days just in case and went back, still attacked me. I checked for a bounty in ALL cities, no bounties. I am not a vampire but in process of questline for werewolf. I have even cured myself just to be safe. I am a part of the dark brotherhood and the thieves guild. Why do dawnguard keep attacking me?

As far as i can tell by what your saying, you turn up at the Dawnguard and they keep attacking you. I had this problem once, but it happened to me after i had become one of them and finished the majority of the main quests of Dawnguard. It has nothing to do with whether or not you are a vampire or becoming a werewolf. You simply killed the wrong person at some point after being invited to the Dawnguard. The reason it happened to me, I think, is because i killed some mercenary dude who was connected to one of those other Vampire and monster hunters, cant remember their groups name atm, the Vigilant Stendar or some bloody thing. I actually met the Mercenary on his way to some imperial legion camp (I didn't like the fact that i had to pay for information about his contract so i killed him). Took me forever to figure out that he was the culprit for my Dawnguard troubles. Anyway, yeah, sounds like you killed the wrong person since your invitation to Dawnguard (After fixing the issue i thought that maybe it had something to do with the Imperial camp and nothing to do with the Mercenary, or that maybe i killed the wrong person during a random Vampire attack that occurred around the same time i spoke with that mercenary... I'm no sure which of the three circumstances was the problem any more.). Either way, the problem was solved by going back and leaving that time period alone. So yeah, you may have to go back to a save point before you might think you may have killed the wrong person, and try again. I don't know any other way around it. If you have gone too far you may be able to console command your way out of this.... Do you play on pc or station?