reeking cave

Bear Goldblade

Question

1 answer to this question

Can u enter reeking cave without doing the main quest that involves the thalmor embassy

Definitely! Go to the embassy, that's the best way, then when you are right outside facing the front gates, go directly to your left, and climb carefully down the rock face. when you hit the ground below you will see two undiscovered caves on your marker-board at the top of the screen. Reeking cave will be the one on the right. You may meet a frost troll inside, depending on your level. but the stone is easy to find. You will also find a coin purse and a sachet to look through.

It's fun looking for the unusual stones, I always find all 24 of them early in the game so that i can get more gems in chest for the rest of my play time. Quite often i will get all of them before i even become part of the Guild, unfortunately you have to wait until vex gives you the quest before you can go get the crown. Also, make sure you do the Quest Innocence Lost and kill the "Kind" old lady at the orphanage, and then make sure you tell the boy that you did the job as well, as you will need to get into the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary in order to get one of the stones.