My Skyrim World Has Gone Mad! Need suggestions please

Buttons

Question

I recently downloaded a bunch of Follower and clothes Mods, absolutely nothing to do with warfare gameplay, but about the same time I downloaded them my Skyrim world has gone berserk! Coincidence? Every time I entre a major city like Whiterun I have soldiers bodies lining the streets. Bodies everywhere! And every which way I turn a new battle is breaking out between the Imperials and the Stormcloaks. This never use to happen at all. For starters, I've already assisted the Stormcloaks in taking over Skyrim a long time ago. Secondly, I even started a new game and its happening there too!  I just checked my difficulty settings, just in case, and it is the same as its always been.

I just entered Whiterun and Found Belethor dead by the meat sellers stall at the market, and I believe he died from one of the guards battles. So I resurrected him with console using the resurrect 1 code, so he is alive again and back in his shop but he just isn't the same sleazy belethor as he was before. His dialogue is now limited and no longer allows me to buy anything off him.

This new craziness is ruining the game. Please help!

3 answers to this question

I have no idea what mods you installed, nor would I know what they do behind the scenes if you told me their names. This is one of the risks in installing multiple mods. All you can do is disable them all, see if the issue is fixed, and then go through them one by one to find the actual culprit. To undo all the damage they've done, you'll have to reload from a save prior to the mods / game issues.

Well I've gone through all thirty-odd of my mods and only one has been found to cause the insistent battling of guards, and that is the Pocket Campsite. I'm not certain the author would be too happy about my saying so, but it really screwed things up for me. I guess I can see how it makes sense in the way, the mod gives the dragonborn the ability to go out in the woods and set up camp, which is exactly what anyone would want to do with all the fighting going on in town. But still, it seems like such a big side effect for such a small mod. So there you have it. Thanks for your suggestions David.