Red Eagles Wierdy!

Buttons

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I went on the quest to get Red Eagles Fury and Bane, which I think I may have completed earlier in the game, but I figured there was some good lute to get, so what the hell, right? So I went back out there, grabbed the Fury, finished the quest, and went home where I put the Red Eagle Bane in my Weapons rack and the Red Eagles Fury in the chest nearby. But as soon as I closed the chest another Quest heading came up on screen and told me to go find Red Eagles Fury, again. So I'm thinking... Well, ok, lets do that, again!

Now when I get back out there I find all the Forsworn dead where I had left them, which was expected, but what wasn't expected was what I found when I searched the Forsworn dude that carries the Red Eagle Fury. He Had Three Of them! What a greedy dude! He actually had THREE Red Eagle Furies on him. So I took them all, went inside, activated the door to Red Eagles Tomb. Inside the tomb I had another nosey around and managed to find a flawless diamond I had overlooked earlier. When I was done, I exited the tomb, only this time I left the Red Eagle Fury in the activation slot before going home where, to my odd dismay, I found that my two remaining Red Eagle Furies refused to go on my weapons rack. ...So I stuck them in a chest with all my other junk.

The good news is that the quest hasn't come up again. 

This has been another day in the life of Buttons....

I don't even think I've done that quest. I did find this in the wiki, though.

It is possible for the sword to reappear when the Forsworn at Red Eagle Redoubt respawn. Picking up another Red Eagle's Fury sword will make it a quest item and it cannot be removed from your inventory by dropping it. You must travel to Rebel's Cairn and activate the weapon slot in the first room to have it removed from your inventory. Alternately, if you own a house, the weapon plaques can be used to remove quest marked weapons from your inventory.

Pretty interesting bug.

Also, you can edit the title two ways.

1. Hit "Edit" on the topic's original/first post, then hit the "Full Editor" button.
  2. I think think this is a moderator-only method actually, but I already hit enter to put the 2. there and now I'm too lazy to hit backspace and delete what I'm writing. So yeah.