Calling David!!

Buttons

Question

The last time I played this game with a different character I went through these series of quests without a hitch, but this time I'm getting stuck.

I've just finished the quests "Speaking With Silence"  and "Hard Answers". At the end of hard answers Karliah told me to go back to the guild and inform Brynjolf of what happened with Mercer Frey, and then she told me to meet her there at the Ragged Flagon as well. But when I go to Brynjolf he just keeps telling me he has important things to do, before sitting at a table and staring distantly at me. He's obviously a liar! What's going on? why wont the game progress? and why is the door to the big loot room at the back of the Flagon standing open with all the empty chests inside, as if I had already completed the quests I haven't done?  

Update: I went back to the end of Hard Answers, completed that quest, then waited for Karliah to exit the room before I left. Then when I went outside into Winterhold I saw her stuck against a rock, walking, but not getting anywhere. So I flogged her with my warhammer until she broke free and I then watched her walk out of Winderhold. I then waited 48 hours at that very spot before traveling back to the Guild where still the stupid secret entrance was unlocked, and Karliah was nowhere to be found! Is she stupid or something?

What the hell is going on!!!?????

9 answers to this question

Look guys, I'm getting pissed off now. Maybe I'm not seeing something very obvious but I have now tried everything. I've waisted an entire day on this shit. You know what, I tried trading in a piece of old Theives guild gear for a new piece to see if that would make a difference, I tried taking a few jobs from Vex and that pommy guy, I've even tried putting in the console codes to bring Karliah to me at the entrance of the Flagon: prid 58f1a moveto player, but as soon as she appeared she walked right on through the flagon, straight out of the guild, out of Riften, and starts heading North up the road! Well, where the hell does she think she's going?

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I saw this happen I thought maybe she was heading back to the point I took her from when I entered the codes, but no! that's not right at all, because I decided to go back to the beginning again, at Winterhold, when she walked out of the city and, seeing that nothing else worked, I followed that bitch!!! At one point, because she walked so friggen slow I fast travelled to some joint along the road and console coded her to my position again to try and speed up the process, but as soon as she appeared she started to backtrack! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I decide that I would go back one more time and follow her again from Winterhold, and just let her take her sweet-ass time and, let me tell you, she moves SLOW! and you know where she led me? do you? hah? Well I'll tell you where; All the way back to the stupid SNOW VEIL SANCTUM! That's right! she walked back to the Snow Veil sanctum, went inside, walked right through the whole damn maze, and in the last room where she shot me in front of Mercer the first time, she took a drink of some potion and shot me all over again! So again I blacked out and woke up outside with her standing there and the HARD ANSWERS quest started all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, No! somebody please help me! What the F#%k is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????

I don't understand. I did the full circle, the Hard Answers quest again. then fast travelled to Snow Veil Sanctum where I found her there once more, standing in the last room. Just standing there! I try talking to her and all she says is Hm? Hm? Hm? I try beating her with my hammer and she wont even die!!! why is she tormenting me?? why wont she return to he F#%king Guild!

Somebody help... I'm going nuts!!!!

I want to begin Pursuit and she wont let me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need your help David, I know you don't like to have the same question posted on two separate posts but I really need your help with this Karliah situation. I cant go any further in the game until It's been solved.

Anyone else got any ideas?

ANYONE?? see my previous question about Karliah....

Thought I better mention: "The Pursuit" quest refuses to start, though the "Hard Answers" quest has shown completion.

Another confession: I did break into Mercer Frey's House very early in the game and stole all his plans and sword and stuff, because I figured it might save me time in the future. I did this by console coding a bunch of barrels in a step formation and jumping my way up onto the rear balcony, then using the Unlock code to open the door.... I guess I should have just used the tcl code to fly into the joint, anyway... Do you think that doing this made a difference?  If so how do I fix it without returning to the beginning of the game?

I have also tried using the code: setstage tg07 10    But it didn't do anything!

Someone help me, I cant play any further until I get past this....

Yes, Yes, Yes! I did it! Finally YES!

y          y      eeeeeee               sss s                 !

y        y       e                      s                          !

y    y          e                    s                            !

y              eeeee                  sss                   ! 

y              e                                 s              !

y              e                                   s             

y              eeeeeee         s   sss  s                 !!

So, after going back to just after obtaining the charcoal etchings at Markarth, I went to Mercer Freys underground office and put the Mercer plans back that I had stolen earlier in the game. after that I went out to meet Enthir and Karliah at Windhelm, and the Pursuit quest finally began!!!!!

• Upvote 1