Lydia is dead but no courier!

Guest Btcarrel

Question

Guest Btcarrel

Lydia who I married and was also following me into the sightless pit died. I saw her dead body on the ground dead as can be. I leave and go to whiterun no courier........ I even wait 3 days and no courier. I've continued to play countless hours and there is still no courier. I've gone back through the sightless pit 3 times with no sign of her body. I've checked 2 dozen different places and she is no where to be found and I can't attempt to marry another!! HELP!!!!!

2 answers to this question

Couriers can be pretty temperamental. Sometimes they show up right away, sometimes they take ages, sometimes never at all. Either way, you don't really get anything valuable/interesting, so I wouldn't really worry about it.

Lydia's body should appear in the Hall of the Dead in Whiterun.

Unfortunately you are never able to re-marry in Skyrim, even if you spouse dies. If you have the PC version, you can get around this with console commands.

Yeah, couriers a little funny like that. when I first started playing the game I use to mug them, but in the end it wasn't really worth it. now, sometimes after delivering me a message from a friend (which is all they're really good for), he will go over and start using my grindstone or some other work piece around my home. Very funny. I suggest you carry on with the game, he will catch up to you sooner or later.