How to increase Dragon attacks

Buttons

Question

Alright, when I was playing the game the first time around I was learning everything  from scratch, and because of this I didn't actually understand how to fast travel until I reached level 30. I know, hard to believe, right? Anyway, the good thing about riding my horse everywhere for the first 30 levels was that it increased the amount of times a dragon would attack me, so by the time I actually learnt how to fast travel I had more dragon souls than I did levels, that's even after spending the same amount of souls on unlocking shouts. I actually had more dragon souls than I could ever possibly use.

The problem is that now that I've restarted the game with a new character I know how to fast travel early, which helps finish my quests faster, but it doesn't help with gathering dragon souls. I'm now on level 20 and have only acquired a handful of souls, in fact I have a hard time finding enough souls to unlock all the shouts I'm learning....

Now, Besides traveling the long way by road (which can get tiresome and tedious when you know there is a quicker way), does anyone know how to get more dragons to attack? Maybe a console code to increase their frequency or something?

2 answers to this question

There are two radiant quests -- Dragon Seekers and Dragon Hunting -- that reliably (always) spawn a dragon. They have requirements though...

Fast traveling to Winterhold / The College of Winterhold also frequently spawns dragon attacks.