Bypassing Winterhold Magicka Requirement

Buttons

Question

I just restarted my game under a new character, and am attempting to enter the Winterhold college, but I don't have enough magika points to conjure a flamey thingy, I only have 100points or something like that, and I need at least 127. I just couldn't be bothered going around working my magic and levelling up four or five times to bring up my magika. (I prefer to increase my health and stamina for the first 10-20 levels). Anyone know the code to bring my majika up to about 130..150? 

Is there one? I looked on the web but cant see nothing.... poor Buttons

2 answers to this question

First, here are a few non-console/cheating options.

• The novice hood is found in Helgen Keep during Unbound and raises your magicka by 30 points. So even if you're level 1, you'll have 130 magicka.
  • Visit the Temple of the Divines in Solitude and activate the shrine of Julianos to obtain +25 magicka from the Blessing of Julianos.
  • If you have the Dragonborn DLC, you may choose the power Secret of Arcana from the black book Filament and Filigree. Spells will cost no magicka for 30 seconds.
  • Wear Fortify Magicka apparel.
  • Drink Fortify Magicka potions.

The very last option is probably your best bet since fortify magicka potions are everywhere even at early levels.

If you'd rather just cheat, the following console commands will work.

player.setav magicka 150

The shortest possible command would be the following...

tgm

... Which toggles "God Mode." Spells won't cost magicka. You'll probably want to turn it off right after (by entering it again), though, as it removes all challenge/fun from the game.

far out! I like the player.setav magicka 150 thingy!

You are right about the kill-fun thingy too with the tgm.

As it turns out soon after posting the question I found a helmet which gave me 30 more points and then soon after that the friggen hood you spoke of. My bad. I thought about the potions but they are a pain in the ass to keep stopping and drinking, and reduce my carrying capacity.