One more thing before i leave you guys alone for a while...

Buttons

Question

So these three hearthfire houses.... They're all built, but I'm not entirely pleased. At the moment I got them set close to how I want them as I can, but ultimately I would have preferred more options, like the bedroom or the greenhouse on the west wing instead of the east, and the armoury on the east wing instead of the west. I even would have preferred to do one of my houses with the bedrooms on the north wing had I the option to do so.... is there any way of doing all that?

Also, is there any way of redoing the houses at all once they're complete?

Furthermore, are there console codes for the following: Interactive pot plants?

the larger greenhouse planters?

The trophy benches/stands in the trophy room?

Ultimately, I wanna put everything into one house, one way or another....

Poor Buttons, I'm just so terribly cute....

2 answers to this question

What?! Don't leave us alone! This site is far too slow without you. ;)

The traditional way of remodeling (aka removing) your houses is pretty messy.

1. Disable the DLC
  2. Load the game
  3. Save the game
  4. Reenable the DLC

Note that you should lose all of your Hearthfire houses along things that are associated with them, like building supplies.

The alternative way is probably better. It utilizes console commands and you can allegedly delete things by room, but I've never personally attempted it.

Using the console you can type:

sqv byohhousepalesqv byohhousefalkreathsqv byohhousehjaalmarch

This will show all "enable" & "disable" ID's of variables for specific rooms and room-items in groups.

Then "just" with command prid "specific ID for room or item" select it remotely and use command "disable" or "enable" to finish the operation.

I'm so glad you don't want me to leave, Dave! I was having a hard time pulling myself away anyway.

I do have a few probs though, the first one is that I'm not doing anything to erase the three houses, I've just adopted a couple of kids for my Hjaalmarch house, so the first option is out of the question. the second prob is that I don't understand what you are tell me in the last sentence of your post. It looks like it should make sense but.... 

So I was thinking I would settle for the even easier alternative and hunt down the codes for the specific furniture, like Interactive trophy bases (large and small), and greenhouse planters (large and small). but they would need to be interactive for this to work. Cant find anything on wiki.

That way I could just go around moulding the interior to whatever I want anyway.

By the way, im out of the country (in-game) at the moment, and haven't even had a chance to see how my second kid is settling into the house, but when I get back to Skyrim I was hoping to adopt yet one more kid for my Lakeview house.... Can I adopt more than the two I've got?  

One more thing; it's really hard to find a good husband in Skyrim.... Can I choose anyone?