Markarth Grim Shieldmaiden

Buttons

As most of you probably already know, the assassination of the Grim Shieldmaiden in Markarth isn't the easiest murder to perform without adding a bounty to your own head. A bounty, I might add, which cost roughly the same amount that you are paid to do the job. So, after about twenty attempts I'm fairly confident I can share how to do get away with murder successfully.

First I thought, on about my fifteenth attempt, that standing in the mist of the waterfall on the Wizards Balcony would probably do the trick, and on the most part it did, except for one thing; when I came back down through the museum and out of the Understone Keep I discovered that Ghorza Gra-Bagol, the local Blacksmith who seems to like me a lot, had been killed while trying to defend me against the female guard who kept ruining my plans. Otherwise the mission was a success. BUT  unfortunately I like Ghorza and didn't want her to die for me so I had to find another way.

A few attempts later I found myself on the roof "to the North of the Blacksmiths Forge", next to a birds nest amidst the branches of a shrub. From there I took out the shieldmaided with a clean shot, again, which still somehow managed to  infuriate that annoying female guard, who I now believe to be a close friend of the Shieldmaiden. As the female guard came running in my direction I swiftly jumped backwards off the roof, spun around mid-air, and hightailed it out of Markarth before the bitch could catch me. Once I was outside the city limits I went back inside and found that everything had blown over... even that female guard made a comment about my Ebony Armour, which was nice I think. And, of course, my secret admirer Ghorza didn't get herself killed trying to defend me. All Good.

(remember, stay in sneak mode until you need to hightail it of the city. And keep your followers locked away in your house.)

I hope this helps someone.