Guards keep attacking me in Skyrim!

Guest Micah

Question

So i have Skyrim on pc and i downloaded the civil war overhaul mod without realizing that you have to start a new game for it to work. I went through parts of the civil war and then decided to do some other things. I then went to Morthal and all the guards started attacking me. I quick loaded and went to other towns and found that the guards attack me in Solitude, Markarth, and Morthal. I have strong reason to believe that it is because of the civil war that they keep attacking me because I have no bounty and because i joined the Stormcloaks. I tried uninstalling the mod and using: complete quest, tai, resetai, and disable/enable console commands but nothing seems to work. i cant even finish the civil war because dialogue doesn't show up when it should. I really need help and I have no idea what to do.

1 answer to this question

No, I come across that problem now and then, and it is only because you have killed a guard at some point outside of the quest parameters. It doesn't even matter if you kill one on a country road somewhere with no witnesses, they all seem to find out about it anyway, unless you kill them as part of a quest. E.g. I had to kill some girl at a wedding in a solitude, but I couldn't do so without having to kill a guard or two, but that was ok because the game was programmed to allow that. There was one time I was killing a dragon, during which I used my unrelenting force voice on the dragon and a guard happened to get in the way, and before I knew it I was fighting guards as well as a dragon. very annoying. So, whenever I kill a guard outside of a quest I need to go back to a previous save point and undo my damage. There may be another way to stop them from  attacking you but I don't know what it is. Try wiki.