setav health 500 NOT WORKING

Buttons

Question

Hey guys I've been trying to increase Vigilances health by clicking on him while in console and typing: "setav health 500", but it doesn't work. He's dying just as easy as before.

I tried using the Wabbajack staff thingy (whatever you call it) on him too, but that only turned him into a crab, then a goat, then he went invisible before I did it one more time and killed him. so the wabbajack doesn't increase his health, and, just so you know, trying to bring Vigilance back to life with the wabbajack doesn't work either... My bad. 

So, have I got the code wrong to increase his health to 500? have I left something out? or is there a better code altogether

3 answers to this question

David, It didn't work.. I tried multiple ways, with and without the +, and with and without the 000 at the beginning, and I even tried with the code that came up when I clicked on Vigilance himself. I know what I'm attempting is possible, but I just cant get it right. For the first ten attempts it came up as "script unknown" or "not saved" or something like that, then in the end I put in my code without the 000 and it didn't say anything at all, "<refid>.setav health 500" just rolled up the screen without any commentary whatsoever - which would have been great had I been placing some furniture. So I'm guessing that I gave 500 health to the floor because i thought it would have told me in no uncertain terms that I had succeeded, had I succeeded....

So now what? Is it possible it worked without telling me? how can I check?

or maybe I didn't complete the work, like... maybe I was meant to click on Vigilance at a specific time or something? I wouldn't have a clue....