K-9 health and skill

Buttons

Question

I was wondering, seeing that Wiki doesn't say you can until level 60 or something, if someone who might know better could tell me if there is a way to increase the health and battle skills of my dog, Vigilance? (playing on pc)

A console code?

A spell?

An enchantment?

Some golden bone in some weird-ass dungeon?

Or maybe just a mod, perhaps?

5 answers to this question

There's a courage spell. That does what you're looking for.

If you absolutely don't want your dog to die, you can wield courage on one hand and a healing spell on the other. It'd also be better if a follower, a dremora, the ancient dragonborn, Durnehviir, and Durnehviir's three skeletal minions were fighting with that dog.

Ok... but keep in mind that I am only just past level 30. (spent a lot of time until this point obtaining property) I assume that obtaining the help of the ancient dragonborn and his skeletons would be done by reading the elder scroll on top of the mountain? I have actually found the scroll a few levels ago but have not yet had a chance to go up and read it. Is that how obtaining there help is done? And once I get their help, can I still keep Lydia as well?

Thing is, I cant suitably run around wielding two spells in my hands (courage and healing) as I don't go anywhere without my enchanted ebony warhammer :smile:

I'm gonna look for that courage spell you speak of though, I think I might have it. I just don't use many spells because I'm use to using my shouts in combo with my hammer.