Riften House Rage!

Buttons

Question

The Riften house was the last house left for me to buy in Skyrim, but after finishing the quest the stupid "Jarl Laila Law-giver" slipped me a sword and wished me all the best. And really, the sword isn't all that good anyway. She can take her crappy sword and stick it..... Well... you get the picture.

No way stupid Lady FREAK, You're Giving Me My friggen HOUSE!!!

So anyway, does anybody know the SetStage code for getting the Riften home? Any knowledge on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Buttons sad....

:yucky:

4 answers to this question

Alright.... after a very bloody ordeal I've finally got my Riften House. I'm going to tell you what happened just in case someone else faces the same problem, which is very likely:

Now, after becoming very upset I took my frosty warhammer into the Jarl Laila Law-Giver and took off her head while she was eating her 2pm lunch. Me and my two companions, Lydia and Vigilance, and with a little help from my sanguine rose friend, then proceeded to destroy everyone there. After turning the jarls home into a bloodbath we went outside to destroy the rest of the town.....  As it happens, it must have been several minutes later, while I was killing a skinny homeless man with long white hair (which was also about the same time I saw my beautiful dog laying dead on the ground nearby), that I realised where I may have gone wrong....

So I stopped the game and went back to a point before I started to destroy the town and decided to help a few people. I know that in the other towns the jarl would request that I help a handful of people before making me thane, but apparently in Riften they don't ask you, they just expect that you should know that much by now. And I guess that's reasonable enough.....

I'm now happy to say, after giving the skinny old man a coin, helping some woman find a few wraith teeth, assisting an elf to figure out a clue about his past, and then finally grabbing some fire salts for the smith master - a caption finally came up on my screen to say that I had completed something.

....So I went and bought a house.  It's a nice little house, it even has a garden.

I hope this helps someone out there, and thanks to the rest of you for listening. Buttons is happy again :yes:

• Upvote 1