playing dress-up with Lydia issues

Buttons

Question

I tried dressing up Lydia in glass armour and she wouldn't take it on, I can however console add it to my own inventory. Lydia accepts it too but she wont wear it. She will however accept and arm herself with a glass battle-axe - so why not the armour? 

I also tried adding nightingale armour to my own inventory to give to her, and the computer did say that I added the items, but I just cant find them anywhere....?

Anyway, I was forced to give Lydia Dwarven Armour but it looks too bulky on her. doesn't suit her at all! And she cant wear Ebony armour either because I'm wearing that until I'm ranked high enough to make my own dragon scale armour. doesn't seem right to console dragon armour; have to earn that status I reckon....

(By the way, where did Lydia get her staff of sparks from? I never gave it to her. she also has a cure disease potion I never gave her... think she's been sneaking around behind my back. she can keep these things of course, just wondering how she did it.)

4 answers to this question

Not sure about the staff or cure disease potion, but as for the armor; there are armors that she just isn't programmed to wear. If you're dedicated I'm sure the nexus has some kind of mod that will allow for her to wear those armors. 

Try this mod - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14037/?

It's the best for everything related to followers, also has a choice to make them wear what you want them to.

Also highly recommend this one - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18045/?

It's compatible with UFO and comes in very useful for maintaining follower locations when you send them home.

hey Tristan, I'm about to post another question here, but thought I'd ask you first: I just went through the quest to allow me to purchase the Riften house, but when I finished the quest she just gave me a damn sword and was done with it. I'm very upset. Grrr! The Riften house is the last house left for me to buy so I refuse to go without it - now that I've completed the task I want the house!  I went over the quest and cant see anything I did wrong.

So I was wondering, do you now the setstage code for obtaining it?

As for Lydia's armour, I will write down the mods for use later. In any case, she wont accept the glass armour but she does accept the glass helmet and the weapons, so I've given her Blades Armour with the Glass Helmet and Glass Battle-axe. She's look'n good.