Another problem with losing Shadowmere. I've tried everything!

Guest Bobo

Question

Okay. So I had him. Then I rode some Stormcloak horse, who I killed. Then I couldn't find Shadowmere. I decided I'd just wait around and do other stuff until 30 days had passed and I could go to his spawning point.

Within the 30 days (or maybe after but Shadowmere didn't appear so I dont know) I did the mission Promises to Keep. Accidently asked to keep Frost. Got angry and left the horse there. Decided to wait another 30 days (this time by hitting select and waiting) at Shadowmere's spawning point, since I rode Frost.

He didn't respawn. Remembered I had technically owned Frost still. Went back to Black Briar Lodge. Looked EVERYWHERE for the fucking horse. For like an hour. Frost doesn't appear by me when I fast travel and I can't find him anywhere.

I really want Shadowmere for mountains I can't climb.

4 answers to this question

• When completing the subquest to gain Shadowmere, having a purchased horse with you can cause Shadowmere not to appear.

• Shadowmere can be debugged after this happens by fast traveling to the stable of origin of the last owned horse. Shadowmere will appear here for a second and then vanish, and reappears permanently when you fast-travel back to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. If you completed Stabilized in favor of Shadr, Shadowmere will first appear at the Riften stables.
    • If you have the horse Frost from the quest Promises to Keep, Shadowmere may not appear and fast traveling back to Black-Briar Lodge stables or Riften stables has no effect. Shadowmere will respawn by the sanctuary pool on your return from Solitude at the end of To Kill an Empire.
    • Pc22.png Open the console, type prid 0009ccd8 and then moveto player to bring Shadowmere to your location. If this doesn't work, use player.placeatme 0009ccd7 to create a new Shadowmere at your location.

Guest Britt

I had the same problem just a few days ago actually. But instead it was Arvak that I used in the soul cairn during the dawngaurd questline. This apparently isnt a glitch from what I've heard. When ever you ride a new horse instead of shadowmere, that new horse becomes yours and follows you (except for the stolen horse cuz it just runs away) but anyways, I dont know if you tried this yet but I will tell you what I did. So I first checked all the stables of the major cities thinking maybe thats where he went, but nope he wasnt there. So then I went to castle volkihar (sp?) still he didnt show up so then what I did was I went to the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary in Falkreath as my last resort. Still wasnt there but when I waited 24 hours I heard a nayying and I went up the hill behind the sanctuary and there he was! So maybe try that and see if you can find him.