I can't trigger the "Blood On Ice" quest what so ever help??

Guest Sarah

Question

Guest Sarah

Ok so I have been playing this not for to long I am a lvl 35, Stormcloak, I have bought every house in Skyrim except the one in Solitude (not trying to buy it yet) and the one in Windhelm that requires the Blood On Ice quest to be completed so I can purchase the house. Anyways I have been in and out of Windhelm far more then 4 times, I have been there in the day time and at night. I have gone to the cemetery and all I hear is about a killer on the lose but no one gives a quest and  Susana the Wicked has not died and is still very much alive. I just checked and my in my general status it says Days Passed: 344 (of course well before this I tried to do the quest since I had been at 150 in game days passed and still no success in getting this quest for this house and I have the money). I tried it without the DLC content and I have tried it with the DLC content active and still nothing. I have even restarted my Xbox 360 and that did not help what so ever. So what am I doing wrong? Is it a bug? If it is a bug is there a way to fix it?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Legendary Edition) Xbox 360

2 answers to this question

There are three conditions that must be met to trigger the quest.

• A counter starts at the beginning of the game which will increase each time you visit the city of Windhelm or the immediate surrounding area. When it reaches four, the Blood on the Ice quest will be available.
  • The player has to enter Windhelm, either through the main gate, the docks gate, or by fast-traveling, between 7pm and 7am. The graveyard scene should then be triggered and the quest ready to go.
  • Tova Shatter-Shield and Arivanya need to be alive.

Since it appears you have met the first two conditions, I'd check to make sure Tova and Arivanya are still alive.