Someone with better math skills than me. help please

Vodac

Can someone with better math skills than me pleases tell me what the total % to damage is at the end of this rotation?

I tried and have a headache now.

2H Sword

7 heave armor

U. Flawless Dawn Breaker

Second 2 hand sword

1. Rally waits 17 seconds

switch

First 2H Sword

1. Critical Rush

2. Power Extraction (1 to 9 Mobs)

3. Ambush

4. Shadowy Disguise

5. Executioner

Thanks

Ah, you overestimate the propensity of people to be eager to perform complicated time-wasting tasks with little effort on the asker's part. List the number values, and I'm sure some theorycrafter would respond to you with fidgety eagerness. 

I was baited to your topic by the plea for math skills, but now I'm just typing for the sake of saying something, which in turn, is probably going to be misinterpreted by you as a hostile and snarky remark.

I mean, I'm an engineering student. I am skilled in the art of math-to-math combat. I've been conditioned to instigate math aggression wherever I go, and in whatever I do. I worship caffeine and last-minute work as deities. But then I saw no variables. How do I work without variables?

• Upvote 1

LMAO... not sure if I should smile or not since I suggested something similar to someone before.  A nightblade in heavy armor with a 2h doing much teh same, but tossed in mark target so I could get some awesome selfhealing when I dished out dirt naps.

Think  this pick targets at range, laying into them with ranged (mostly for sitting on a wall or a hillside away) but jumping into the fray to a marked target with immovable brute and momentum up ..

Never bothered to find out how much damage bonus it was getting with the build since I couldn't figure out how everything stacked together.  Could be something like 13+(10+20/2)+7+7 for weapon damage getting between 37-47% weapon damage from the the ult, momentum, brute and heavy armor passive....  but could very well stack in a different way.  Didn't know, and lacked the means to really find out so I stopped caring and started asking if it was possible to overcharge weapon damage (if any build could... it's this one..)

note: that 47% is probably not what the bonus damage is.  I don't think it's simply additive stacking, but I can't prove it is or isn't...  also that one isn't taking power extraction into account.

Ah, you overestimate the propensity of people to be eager to perform complicated time-wasting tasks with little effort on the asker's part. List the number values, and I'm sure some theorycrafter would respond to you with fidgety eagerness. 

I was baited to your topic by the plea for math skills, but now I'm just typing for the sake of saying something, which in turn, is probably going to be misinterpreted by you as a hostile and snarky remark.

I mean, I'm an engineering student. I am skilled in the art of math-to-math combat. I've been conditioned to instigate math aggression wherever I go, and in whatever I do. I worship caffeine and last-minute work as deities. But then I saw no variables. How do I work without variables?

You are quite right, and not snarky at all. Its my error. I'll have all the data in short order.

2H Sword

-Heavy WeaponsRank ½ 2

â– Swords: +3% damage. =6%

7 heave armor

-JuggernautRank ½ 2

â– +1% melee attack power per piece of equipped Heavy Armor.=7%

U. Flawless Dawn Breaker

â–  Morphs â—¦Flawless Dawnbreaker: While slotted, weapon attacks deal 13% more damage.

Second 2 hand sword

1. Rally waits 17 seconds

â– +10% weapon damage for 20 seconds.= 10%

â– +2% additional weapon damage every seconds. =34%

switch

First 2H Sword

1. Critical Rush

â– Charge towards and attack for 7 physical damage, immobilizing the target for 0.5 seconds. Always deals critical damage.

â—¦Critical Rush: Deals bonus damage based on distance traveled.

1. Power Extraction (1 to 9 Mobs)

â– Caster's weapon power increases 11% per enemie cap increased to 9; weapon damage increased.=99%

1. Ambush

â–  Morphs â—¦Ambush: +37% damage for your next attack on target. Target is stunned.

1. Shadowy Disguise

â–  Morphs â—¦Shadowy Disguise: +100% critical strike rating while invisible.

1. Executioner

â– Damage dealt increases based on target's missing health.up to 300%

â—¦Executioner: While slotted, weapon abilities deal 18% more damage to low health targets at 25% health..

Thanks

I think not sure.

6%,7%,13%,10%,34%,99%,37%,18%,300%/CRIT

524%/CRIT =786% damage

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-skill-calculator/nightblade/?calc=424.444.490.493.496.567.:670-2.677-2.678-2.:588.x457.468.493.562.573.::588.

Number are a bit difrent on this sight.

useing esohead.

http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#ccczxxwAEM8IPQY8GFlr8IrtX8wABL8LxRA8wAly8IfVk8rrXS8IPfI8A4rt8LxRi8T7NbRMA6MrqAZ8x7CNsfr6Nsff6Nsfw6MwGN16MwGAR8C7DNzqq6MGFWc6MGFWA6MGFWn8D7xbzdm6NbMz8F7JNzrK6bbux8O7mbdeB8P7addYw6cLncn6zLyjz

653% damage if attacking 3 mob at a  time mabey, i dont think the math is corect but this rotation will let you stack all the damage bounses.

It looks like you're trying to add multiple different effects that do different things together.  Some of those effects say stuff like "melee attacks get x% more power" or "+y% damage for attacks" or bonus weapon damage....  Those may be very different effects as far as the game is concerned.

Never mind that I believe that Reverse slash and all it's effects don't really start to ramp up and benefit from any portion of that +1~300% bonus damage until the target starts dropping below half hp, and it's the only thing benefiting from the 18% executioner bonus (well it and critical charge, and crit charge can't benefit from ambush damage bonus and it's own damage bonus at the same time....)

edit:  I think you're math is way off....

edit2:

Basically to really figure this out, we need to know how exactly the various effects affect your damage output.  Does "attack" include activated abilities that are samina based (such as executioner and critical charge) or is it limited to the heavy/light attacks.

edit:  I think you're math is way off....

Me too, thats why i need help.

I still think it’s a boat load of damage at any rate.

Weapon damage

Damage

Ability damage

Melee attack power

Weapon attack

Weapon ability

Crit

Some of theses are not stat terms the only stats are weapon damage and weapon critical I guess we need ability damage also but it’s not listed.

A. Flawless Dawnbraker weapon attack 12%

B. Heavy Weapons is a flat 5% damage I believe accost the board.

C. Juggernaut is 1% melee attack per piece of armor. = 7% (any attack with a melee weapon)

Rally weapon damage 10%, +2% every 2 seconds. (24% at 14 seconds leaving 9 seconds to stack damage)

Critical Rush it’s just to get to the mob and help lower hp with in rang of executioner.

So far we have A. B. and C stacking

D. Power Extraction weapon damage 9% per mob hit (3 mobs = 27%)

E. Ambush next attack 32% damage

F. Shadowy Disguise (not an attack) sets up Crit for final attack.

G. Executioner does Physical Damage up to 300% weapon abilities do 16% more damage to target under 25% hp.

All of the attacks are instant accept Shadowy Disguise at .75

We have A. 12% weapon attack, B. 5% damage, C. 7% melee attack, D. 27% weapon damage, E. 32% damage F. next attack is a crit + 50% to total damage, G. +16% weapon ability damage and 1 to 300% physical damage.

You are quite right, and not snarky at all. Its my error. I'll have all the data in short order.

2H Sword

-Heavy WeaponsRank ½ 2

â– Swords: +3% damage. =6%

...etc.

Okay... So, I see percentages, and we can assume the developers don't use compounding. That's one part down, but I'm sure the problem has more confounding elements than that. If you want an accurate number, here are some vague variables you overlooked:

• Effects often replace other effects.
  • There is no base weapon damage listed, and they affect skill damage.
  • There is no max stamina listed, and it affects weapon damage.
  • There is no max magicka listed, and it supposedly affects ability damage, and not staff damage, according to TF's Mystborn. (I don't know, the system is screwy.)
  • And there is no comprehending what you did with crit.

But, luckily, there are soft and hard caps.

I can therefore tell you, as an educated guess, that if what you listed is the combination of skills with the most optimized damage output, all you really need to do is to find the hard cap. Or, if you wish, the soft cap threshold where your combinations become impractical. I mean, what's the point of number caps anyway if not to keep ridiculously ambitious players like you in check anyway? Yes, just find the hard caps through experimentation, and you shall be satisfied. Or not. Either way, whatever gets you closure, man.

Okay... So, I see percentages, and we can assume the developers don't use compounding. That's one part down, but I'm sure the problem has more confounding elements than that. If you want an accurate number, here are some vague variables you overlooked:

• Effects often replace other effects.
  • There is no base weapon damage listed, and they affect skill damage.
  • There is no max stamina listed, and it affects weapon damage.
  • There is no max magicka listed, and it supposedly affects ability damage, and not staff damage, according to TF's Mystborn. (I don't know, the system is screwy.)
  • There is no comprehending what you did with crit.

But, luckily, there are soft and hard caps.

I can therefore tell you, as an educated guess, that if what you listed is the combination of skills with the most optimized damage output, all you really need to do is to find the hard cap. Or, if you wish, the soft cap threshold where your combinations become impractical. I mean, what's the point of number caps anyway if not to keep ridiculously ambitious players like you in check anyway? Yes, just find the hard caps through experimentation, and you shall be satisfied. Or not. Either way, whatever gets you closure, man.

LOL, yes hard caps are my entire fault, they must have put the soft cap in for you.

I am looking forward to trying this combo out but I can’t not until after Sunday and 45 levels. But thanks for taking a look. I feel justified in having my head ache now.

You can reset most of everything, and there are more than enough skill points in the long run. Don't sweat it. Just play to have fun.

HAHAHA,

Translation

You can reset most of everything, = your build is the suck.

And there are more than enough skill points in the long run. = Even you can’t possibly Gimp your self.

Don't sweat it. Just play to have fun. = There no way in hell you’ll ever crush some on in PVP let alone multiple PVE mobs.

“I said WHAT?†:smile: