Stealth questions. Need info!

I can't seem to find info on how stealth works.

Medium armor stealth bonus - Does it make you harder to see or does it make it easier for you too see others in stealth? (I'm assuming it makes you harder to see based on description from esohead.com)

Racial stealth bonus - Does it make you harder to see or does it make it easier for you too see others in stealth? (description seems very unclear)

Stealth cost while moving - I know it costs stamina, but does it cost a percentage of your stamina, or is it a fixed value?

stealth -> nb ability

hide -> everybody can do it while pressing control key and cost stamina and can be detected while near enough

I would say the nightblade ability is invisibility while the hiding/crouching everyone can do is stealth.  Nightblades get no innate bonus to sneaking via crouch and any other class can do that much just as effectively.  

to the OP:

The stealthy (racial) and Improved sneak (medium armor) passives do not effect you're ability to detect hidden players.  They allow you to remain undetected as you get closer to your target.  Keep in mind that unless you have something like the nightblade ability Shadow Cloak (or it's morphs) you will still be seen depending on how you approach your target.

As to cost, I believe it is a fixed value, and you only pay for moving.  You can sit still and regenerate stamina, might be useful for moving around cyrodiil at times.

edit:

also... for my to consider an activated ability 'stealth' it has to last longer than 5 seconds....