Critical strike = +50% or +100% damage

Tetator

Good morning everyone

I've done math over the Week End to help me decide which will be my first character.

i realized that i was missing a key data : By how many % does a critical strike increase base damage ?

If my memory is correct, i've read somewhere that previous Elder Scrolls game had 100% damage increase for physical attacks, and 50% damage increase for magical attacks. That being said, we know the developer is different so i would not bet on it.

The only thing that could orient me on a number in the game in on the dual weld tree, the last passive (Twin Blade and Blunt) grants 1,25% damage increase with swords, and 2,5% critical chance increase with daggers. As daggers and swords in ESO are doing exactly the same amount of damage, i would tend to believe that the developers did try to balance the whole thing and thus 1.25% damage = 2.5% crit chance.

This would argue that a critical strike does +50% damage.

Would you agree with this statement ? Have anybody read anything about this and be in a position to share what is the real number ?

Thanks in advance

If my memory is correct, i've read somewhere that previous Elder Scrolls game had 100% damage increase for physical attacks, and 50% damage increase for magical attacks.

I think you can safely ignore that information.  Different games, different rules.