Focused Attacks and Channeled Focus

Hey guys,

Whilst going through more build-making theorising, as always, I realised that both these moves come with the description "recovers a total of magicka" or "recovers a total of stamina".Now because both are lvl 42 skills in their respective skill trees, I have not been able to actually test this.So does anyone know if this tooltip description actually means that your character recovers an amount equal to their total magicka or stamina over the duration of these abilities? For example, a NB with 1700 total stamina who casts Focused Attacks will then recover a total of 1700 stamina over the next 20 seconds (which is the skill's duration).Thanks guys.

Hey guys,

Whilst going through more build-making theorising, as always, I realised that both these moves come with the description "recovers a total of magicka" or "recovers a total of stamina".Now because both are lvl 42 skills in their respective skill trees, I have not been able to actually test this.So does anyone know if this tooltip description actually means that your character recovers an amount equal to their total magicka or stamina over the duration of these abilities? For example, a NB with 1700 total stamina who casts Focused Attacks will then recover a total of 1700 stamina over the next 20 seconds (which is the skill's duration).Thanks guys.

I think it does. It's still only 1.5% avg per ability/attack, if I'm remembering it correctly. Still means they're most efficient class all-around for only a sacrifice to basic weapon attacks.

I think it does. It's still only 1.5% avg per ability/attack, if I'm remembering it correctly. Still means they're most efficient class all-around for only a sacrifice to basic weapon attacks.

Thanks man. It does mean some NB with 2000 stamina would be recovering 100 stamina extra per second when they have Focused Attacks active which is huge imo. Makes for some interesting build possibilities...

If i may jump in ...

If i have toggled leaching strikes ( siphoning strikes ) and triggered focused attack( haste) while throwing white hits on opponent i will have :

100 stam per sec out of focused attack + i will have 56 stam per sec out of leaching strikes => 156 stam / sec + natural ( 50 stam sec  ) + race ( 19 stam/sec  ) + armor (  10 stam / sec ) . All in all i am looking at recovering 235  stam / per sec and ofc i am recovering from this combo as well 56 mag /health per sec + natural    > which is not bad :)   

That is not bad especially coz i can set off that weapon damage reducement with power extraction ( hitting every opponent in aoe range i get additional 11% weapon damage for 20  secs) so basically i just need 2 opponents to hit in order to eliminate negative effects of leaching strikes.

Note as far as i hear there will be some changes for Siphoning which will increase recovery from 2% to 4% and further decrease weapon damage from 17% to 23 % . In that case i would have recovery of 291 stam/sec and my best 2H skill reverse slash is 260 stam at lvl 50.  More or less i can do almost 4 rev slash and one white indefinitely. 

rune focus for magika recovery should be the same thing,and a streamer said that its really bad because its a flat value and doesnt scale leveling....i dont really think that it works that way thal

So you think it actually is a set amount of regen and not your total? Oh well, guess I was hoping for too much then :P