Depth of Skills

So, I have been playing in all of the Betas thus far.. My #1 concern is as follows:

The skill lines are extremely shallow and lack luster. I mean, 3 trees with minimal choices and no way of knowing what a spell with mutate into at higher levels so in theory every point has a chance to be wasted on a skill that never becomes useful enough to have in my tiny ability bar.. Now I focus mainly on PVP and I am sure that when the game is full launch I will have a PVP Toon and a Crafting toon so the crafting/pve toon won't take a big hit, and the pvp toon will be scaled, but still. I feel like my only effective choice is to Use a bow (regardless of class because range is king) And focus on 1-2 nuke spells and the rest be snares/knocks/stuns. I want moooorrrree.So, your thoughts?

I'd personally be against having two characters. Since you wanna focus on PVP anyway, why don't you just keep doing that, earn PVP rewards, extract the components, and sell them to other players. That way you could commission some other guy to make your gear for you. I mean, it is a choice to make, and they do emphasize on your choices.

You'd still be leveling up your crafting from all the extraction. And when the time comes that your build is right, spend some skill points on it.