PvP UI Mod vs ZOS Design Philosophy

If you watch just off center of screen, you will see the UI mode display target enemy players [Name, Class, Level, Health/Stamina/Magicka Pools, Buffs, Debuffs, and Spell Casting Interrupt Timer]

If you don't mind having the option to playing the game at a disadvantage, or if you would like to play having the option that goes against what they've said in interviews.

ZOS is emphasizing that visual cues for enemy abilities that require various player responses are prominently displayed in the world rather than simply as a UI element. Instead of using interface prompts like cast bars or text warnings, players will be required to watch the physical movements of enemies in order to anticipate their attacks.

UI mod from video directly contradicts this statment.

ZeniMax recognizes the strong role of the modding community in Elder Scrolls franchise, and certain aspects of the game experience, like the UI, will allow for user customization, reskinning, and limited modification. ESO will support LUA based modifications that will allow modders to interact with the game's systems through an API. This will allow modders to create interface based modifications like enhanced combat text or buff timers.

Client side superficial are fine, but not when its live data used against others .. knowingly or not.

The ESO gameplay experience is designed to be "distraction based", in that instead of following an on-rails trajectory of advancement, players explore the world and encounter quests, dungeons, and events which are strategically placed to emphasize exploration and non-guided advancement.

Contradiction with the allowance for much UI mods.
  • Upvote 1

i dont knwo where's your problem? do you invest your whole life to find things u can brag about?

if everybody use the UI's theres no imbalanced between the opponents.

and if its YOUR OWN choice not to use the one addon. its the "GROUPLEADER OWN choice not to pick you and pick another person.

i dont knwo where's your problem? do you invest your whole life to find things u can brag about?

if everybody use the UI's theres no imbalanced between the opponents.

and if its YOUR OWN choice not to use the one addon. its the "GROUPLEADER OWN choice not to pick you and pick another person.

wow, why so angry?

Thats like allowing doping in sports and say: "well, it's your choice not to do it!"

No. If you have a massive disadvantage by not using it its not really your choice.

• Upvote 1

Thats like allowing doping in sports and say: "well, it's your choice not to do it!"

No. If you have a massive disadvantage by not using it its not really your choice.

Not really a good example because doping is forbidden and using UI mods not.

And saying it's a massive disadantage not to use them is also quite arguable.

It's nice to see buffs and debuff timers and see real number and % but if you play the game long enough you won't really need it.

You will see when the target reached the 20% mark you will know all buff and debuff animations on your screen and so on.

For example i was able to see when crystal morph triggered ( glowing hands) even so i was using lightning form and overload at that time which made it way harder but you get used to it.

Some will be massively advantageous irons. Those will be used without question.

You will see when the target reached the 20% mark you will know all buff and debuff animations on your screen and so on.

Like that one. It will aid in a players kill-reaction time. Youd be a fool to not utilize it if its in game.

That's not for you to question.  You are wrong in methodology, thats why you make it personal.

ftr, Ive been doing every MMOs since UO, its just the damn truth.

These types of UI options will literally have a seperation of "have" and "have nots".

Many will never fall into the "have not" despite the element being game changing.

Not really, I will be forced to use whatever is the most advantageous UI elements. 

Anything less would be a disservice and definite shortcoming on my characters output.

I agree.  I plan on doing a huge amount of PvP and I find the minimalist, albeit less informative default UI a pleasant change from standard  MMOs.  I think if everyone is locked into the default UI, every play is on a level field.  However I'm highly competitive and will sacrifice what I consider a great UI just to give myself the edge I need in PvP.

It certainly is a matter of 'choice' but it's a frustrating one that essentially means I need to convert my UI to pure ugly to remain viable in PvP.

• Upvote 2

I agree.  I plan on doing a huge amount of PvP and I find the minimalist, albeit less informative default UI a pleasant change from standard  MMOs.  I think if everyone is locked into the default UI, every play is on a level field.  However I'm highly competitive and will sacrifice what I consider a great UI just to give myself the edge I need in PvP.

It certainly is a matter of 'choice' but it's a frustrating one that essentially means I need to convert my UI to pure ugly to remain viable in PvP.

AMEN! 

I never considered my loaded with addons UI ugly in WoW, but then I just customized it so that it presented the most essential information in the most efficient and esthetic form, having a complete clutter on the screen doesn't really help. It's less like doping and more like - if you want to be a good ski jumper, you need good skis, suit and have both of them really fitted to you.

Exaggerations aside, I'm not exactly sure what you guys want or expect. Wishing that the game didn't have addons because that's just what you want is think fair is a perfectly viable opinion, but so is one that any AAA MMO that comes out at this day is lackluster *cough*swtor*cough*.

TL;DR: the game has addons, some people will consider it a bad thing, others will consider it a good thing, neither opinion matters at this point.

This is exactly how I feel about it.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion addons are ok as far as they are approved by ZOS. I think they should allow all addons which are not directly related to the combat and all which are not  directly replacing players reactions or may help in doing that. 

I really don't care for your aesthetics or immersion but as well i dont want to play against some addon.