A little skill scaling math

Tango

I could use a hand fact checking some math here.

Does anyone have a working formula for how a skill (say a level one class skill) will scale based on the character level?

Right now I have skill (damage, stamina usage etc) at level one times character level minus 1.

What about on the level of the skill itself? What impact does THAT level have on the values listed in the skill?

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

I'm not sure if I could give you a formula, but going on some level 50 stuff posted by Nybling at Tamriel Foundry it would seem with Crystal Shard the sorcerer ability that every 800!!!!! points into Magika would raise the damage 100 pts.  Once it reaches soft cap, it goes up by 50 points per 800.  Soft cap is currently set at 1900 for both magika and stamina.  Also playing around with the Esohead skill bars (even though there is a lot of errors), they all seem to follow this trend.  Spell power however seems to raise damage the most for just 10-20 pts.  Now Esohead could be all wrong, and Crystal Shards could just scale real bad, but I'm guessing that there is a trend to this since all of ESOHEAD follows this, but again i could be wrong.

Yea, trying to find out how much each character level and how much each skill level changes the stats of a skill is a pain. I might just disable that function until the game is out and we can actually do longer term testing.

Beta invites to the app for anyone that helps solve this problem... 

Yea, trying to find out how much each character level and how much each skill level changes the stats of a skill is a pain. I might just disable that function until the game is out and we can actually do longer term testing.

Beta invites to the app for anyone that helps solve this problem... 

Oh is that your forum?  Esohead?