Skyrim - Vampire No Longer Attacked

Guest Amforius

Question

Guest Amforius

Hey!Im playing Skyrim as a Vampire. Once I reaced stage 4 accidentally, and I realised i was not attacked by guards or anyone. I thought it was a bug, but since I read some topics, i know it is because of the Dawnguard DLC and this is absolutely normal. My question is: Why should I feed and drink blood if enemies wont attack me, only on Vampire Lord mode? My abilities are the strongest at Stage 4. This is awesome, because I can use the strongest version of my vampire abilities, but on the other hand, the game looses its true role playing feeling, the sense to know what does it cost to be a vampire.So far, i did not found any disadvantage of the stage 4 vampire. I think Stage 1 should have the strongest version of the vampire abilities, and then it would make some sense to feed on enemies. At the moment, I am an ultimate vampire who does NOT need blood to become strong, and still, noone cares about it.Any explanation?

1 answer to this question

The negatives of stage 4 vampirism (with Dawnguard) are the following.

• Weakness to Fire: 50%
  • Weakness to Sunlight: -60 pts

If you're lucky enough to not get attacked on sight by a bunch of NPCs, those are pretty minor penalties considering the benefits you get. In the early stages, you're more "human" and less "feral vampire," so the penalties (and vampire bonuses) are less.