New Patchnotes (0.18)

Hans

some more:

Coldharbour

Many improvements have been made to the stability of The Soul-Meld Mage.

You should now respawn to closer graveyards when dying in certain areas.

Fixed issues surrounding holes in the world where you could fall forever.

The quest Library of Dusk is now more group friendly.

Auridon

The braziers in Torinaan should be easier and more reliable to light.

Bal Foyen

The gate to Stonefalls is now unlocked.

Betnikh

A boatswain is available on the docks to take you to Daggerfall immediately.

The Abomination of Wrath (and other such bosses) should now spawn more reliably.

Bleakrock

Molla of Underfoot should now appear more reliably.

Khenarthi’s Roost

The lever in the Temple of the Mourning Springs should be more reliable.

The trail in Mistral should be visible to everyone on that quest step.

The Perils of Diplomacy is no longer reliant on completing Shattered Shoals or Temple of the Mourning Springs.

Malabal Tor

The main quest in Silvenar is more group friendly.

Reaper’s March

Restructured the area to help improve combat experiences.

Many issues in the quest Vile Manse have been improved.

User Interface

General

A warning dialog will now pop up when you try to sell your horse (mount).

The text for several tutorials, including crafting and lockpicking, has been updated.

The following localized keyboards will now automatically be detected:

US English, default German, and default French.

The color of the Veteran XP bar has been changed to an off white/gold color.

Minor improvements have been made to the loading screen layout.

New characters will no longer flicker on the first login.

In conversations, if an NPC offers you a dialogue option to access the store, the option will have the type of store appended as “Store (store type)â€. For example, an alchemy vendor will display “Store (Alchemist).†Added a confirmation dialog when you attempt to convert an item’s style to the Imperial racial style.

Added an option to turn off quest-giver indicators, which is located under the Interface portion of the Settings menu. This will turn off the indicators both in-world and on the compass.

Fixed many word-wrap issues where a hyphenated word was not properly wrapping at the hyphen.

Updated the art for quest compass pins, floating quest markers, waypoints, and custom waypoints.

The “Hidden†message will now properly appear if the Crouch Eye partially opens, then you return to being hidden.

While your character is dead, the purchase/morph of abilities will no longer appear to function as if your character is still alive.

Fixed an issue that sometimes resulted in a “Character Not Found†error when attempting to whisper another player using the Radial Menu.

Pressing F1 will now open the Help UI instead of going directly to the Customer Support UI.

Most error messages that appear in the top right of your screen will now play an error sound.

Many text localization tweaks and fixes have been made.

The revive prompt will now properly display immediately when you target someone you can resurrect.

Starting the tutorial will no longer sometimes show the W, A, S, D letters outside the keys.

Fixed an issue that caused the conversation camera to break when interacting with NPCs.

We have made improvements to certain triggered events in the game. The experience bar will be shown on the top left of your screen, and sound will be heard when the following take place:

An overland boss has been killed.

An event has been completed.

You have successfully picked a lock.

You have completed a Lore Library collection.

Text will be seen in the center of your screen when you:

Complete a Rings of Mara ceremony.

Complete a Lore Library collection.

Alliance War

A tutorial for PVP daily quests has been added.

A window to the map that shows a summary of each keep and resource’s status has been added. To show the summary, click on a keep or resource in the world map.

Added ore, wood, and food upgrade tabs to the keep information window in the world map.

Added summary, production, and defense tabs for inspecting resource keeps (farm, mine, mill) on the world map.

The icons for Forward Camps, Meatbag Catapults, Oil Catapults, Scattershot Catapults, and Siege Repair Kits have been updated.

Audio

An error sound will now properly play when you press the world use (default E) and player-to player-use (default F) keys and no target is selected.

Chat

We have added zone chat channels for English, French, and German. You are not placed in these language-specific zone chat channels by default. You must join them. You can do this by clicking on your chat “Options†(the gear icon in the chat window) and enabling the one you want to join.

Channel colors for these new language-specific zone chat channels can be changed independently from each other through the “Social†portion of the “Settings†menu.

We have consolidated the functionality of the “.†cursor mode key with the chat interface. You will now automatically get the cursor when the chat interface is brought up (by pressing the Enter key, by default). New default chat colors are now available. To use them on existing characters, you must reset your chat text color options to default (under the “Social†portion of the “Settings†menu).

The profanity filter is now enabled by default. You can toggle it on and off in Options (under the Social portion of the Settings menu).

You can now change the chat window transparency in Options (under the Social portion of the Settings menu).

The chat options checkbox labels will no longer word-wrap early.

Crafting

Most crafting result messages will now appear in the center of the screen.

On potions, the longest ability cooldown has been moved to the last effect position. All previous effects no longer list a cooldown.

Smithing Interface Revisions:

The Extract tab has been separated out into the Refine and Deconstruct tabs. By default, you will now see the Refine tab when first interacting with this interface. The functionality between these interactions has not changed.

The ‘Have Knowledge’ filter is on by default on the Create tab.

HUD

The quest window’s ‘Set Focused’ function has changed.

The quest window will now open to your currently focused quest, by default.

It will now cycle through the list of quests, updating the selected quest and making it focused.

Selecting a quest manually with your mouse will automatically set the newly selected quest as focused.

We have made the following improvements to the targeting reticle: The reticle now defaults to open instead of closed.

The reticle now closes when a target is in range of your light attack or interaction.

The targeting reticle will now briefly flash red when you hit a target.

Inventory & Bank

You can now withdraw and deposit gold from your account-wide bank.

Fishing bait and siege weapons are now located under the Miscellaneous tab instead of under Consumables.

The new indicator (!) on new items will no longer clear if a single consumable in a stack of consumables is used. The “!†will now stay on a new item until you close your inventory.

Keybinds

The keybind for cycling to the next focused quest now displays on the HUD in the Quest Tracker. This is only visible if you have more than one quest.

We have removed the “Target Self†keybind.

Secondary keybinds are now considered when generating automatic keybind labels.

Maps

Maps have been added or updated for many dungeons in the game.

Dungeon maps that were zooming out to the wrong overland zone have been fixed.

Roads, bridges, or small structures that were missing from the Cyrodiil map have been added.

Many issues related to the player pin in dungeons showing in the wrong location or not showing at all have been addressed.

Fixed an issue that was preventing player-set destination pins on the World Map from being visible.

Added a map tutorial prompt in the main quest.

Tool Tips

Duration numbers are now color-coded white versus the same color as the rest of the text.

We’ve fixed a variety of issues related to tool tip formatting.

wow, quite impressive the number of changes. These guys seem to really work hard on the game. Never seen mmorpg updates so fast and extensively being applied to a beta and on a montly basis.

"Siege weapons can now only be used by characters that are of the same alliance as the weapon. For example, you can no longer put an Aldmeri Dominion siege weapon in your bank, and use it with an Ebonheart Pact or Daggerfall Covenant character."

Lol, people are so creative...=P

pve ~ nobody cares

PVP should be fun but probably wont be super popular tell a month after release because I imagine half the ESO players or more are going to want to explore all of tamriel and so forth.  PVP will most likely be something people do a shit load of while waiting for new content to come out. I personally played WoW for years and only for the PVP because the pve was shitty and boring but in ESO I am actually excited for it.

PVP should be fun but probably wont be super popular tell a month after release because I imagine half the ESO players or more are going to want to explore all of tamriel and so forth.  PVP will most likely be something people do a shit load of while waiting for new content to come out. I personally played WoW for years and only for the PVP because the pve was shitty and boring but in ESO I am actually excited for it.

Thats because they ruined world PvP in WoW, with that first BG patch.

sry but "wow pvp only" player dont know whats "Realm vs Realm"

Realm vs Realms pvp content develops itsself. Everyday is different, ofc u need sth new anytime but not like pve if the content is clear and boring.

and if u think ppl play mmos to explore the world, u are gonna have a bad time. thata maybe 0,5% of all players.

sry but "wow pvp only" player dont know whats "Realm vs Realm"

Realm vs Realms pvp content develops itsself. Everyday is different, ofc u need sth new anytime but not like pve if the content is clear and boring.

and if u think ppl play mmos to explore the world, u are gonna have a bad time. thata maybe 0,5% of all players.

Yes, but it is an ES game so people who like the series will most likely love to explore. As for PVP it will depend on which team has more experienced PVP players from past MMO's, which means tactics and strategy. Aldmeri Dominion and Ebonheart Pact seem to be the leaders so far in PVP and so on. This game is going to be a 2 faction game for the PVP part anyway most likely.  Daggerfall is like a 3rd world nation trying to be a part of the action but is too dumb and far too weak to affect much.  Hopefully I am proven wrong at launch.

[citation needed]ES crowd that likes to explore a lot may as well skip this game altogether since it's zoned.

True. but there is a lot of exploring to do. Lots of quests that you will never get unless you go out looking for them.  Some in caves and coasts and in mountains and so on. Supposedly there will be Vampire houses hidden around Tamriel. I Hope that is a legit thing. To be honest I was always a big PVP'r in MMO's but this game is making me want to enjoy all the PVE. I plan on doing PVP when I am waiting for new PVE content to be released.

Yes, but it is an ES game so people who like the series will most likely love to explore. As for PVP it will depend on which team has more experienced PVP players from past MMO's, which means tactics and strategy. Aldmeri Dominion and Ebonheart Pact seem to be the leaders so far in PVP and so on. This game is going to be a 2 faction game for the PVP part anyway most likely.  Daggerfall is like a 3rd world nation trying to be a part of the action but is too dumb and far too weak to affect much.  Hopefully I am proven wrong at launch.

sry i call this bullshit.

did u watch in your crystal ball? 

your post makes me rage a bit. just another random who claims to know everything.

Daggerfall did many emeperors in beta, we did THE HIGHEST SCORE in bloodthorn after EACH beta weekend so far. tell be where its the 3. nation?

Daggerfall already had in beta serveral organized raids via voicechat.

Leadingexperience just matters if its out of other mmos? oh little boy you have to learn a lot in your life.

and just another shitloadstatement about the 2 fraction pvp. did you ever do anything else than dieing in pvp? prolly not. The map i friggen big. even if u are the 3th place in the matchup atm u can rape the 1st bc of splitting and attacking on many fronts while hes on the 2nd.

And leaders are in mainstreamnords and gayelf vally? I'm playing mmo for 8 years now and everytime some guilds claimed their hardcoreness with old archievments on shitty server vs bad ppl and they guessed to dominate the next game aswell, 90% of em are fast disappeared.

but i stop here or i getting personal... but plz go out of pvp discussions you have no clue about Realm vs Realm

sry i call this bullshit.

did u watch in your crystal ball? 

your post makes me rage a bit. just another random who claims to know everything.

Daggerfall did many emeperors in beta, we did THE HIGHEST SCORE in bloodthorn after EACH beta weekend so far. tell be where its the 3. nation?

Daggerfall already had in beta serveral organized raids via voicechat.

Leadingexperience just matters if its out of other mmos? oh little boy you have to learn a lot in your life.

and just another shitloadstatement about the 2 fraction pvp. did you ever do anything else than dieing in pvp? prolly not. The map i friggen big. even if u are the 3th place in the matchup atm u can rape the 1st bc of splitting and attacking on many fronts while hes on the 2nd.

And leaders are in mainstreamnords and gayelf vally? I'm playing mmo for 8 years now and everytime some guilds claimed their hardcoreness with old archievments on shitty server vs bad ppl and they guessed to dominate the next game aswell, 90% of em are fast disappeared.

but i stop here or i getting personal... but plz go out of pvp discussions you have no clue about Realm vs Realm

I rarely died in PVP but I also do not care much about team PVP I care about 1 vs 1 and ambushing stragglers who are trying to get to a curtain point on the map.  In my experience  Daggerfall did not do as well on territory as the other factions. Like I said before from the PVP campaign I was doing and " From my experience "  that was the case and I hope it is more balanced at launch and again key words "  my experience ".  But then again I don't care much about faction I just like vampires in the games and the lore. I really hope there will be some PVP toggle option in the world outside Cyrodill as well. I enjoy world pvp more than arenas / battlegrounds and yes I do have a crystal ball, haha.