Collision Detection Added to Beta?

Source.

Hey guys! Self post for no karma, just wanted to let everyone know:

The latest closed beta build added collision detection with enemy NPCs. I'm not sure if it added it for players as well, but it is definitely in for monsters.

It makes first person combat feel pretty damn awesome, in my opinion.

I know there have been discussions on whether this was "plausible," or not, so it looks like you finally have a definitive answer outside of armchair theory: Yes. It is.

Alleged patch notes (source)...

• Collision detection with NPCs just got put in. 
  • You can also now skip the starter islands and go straight to the first city in your area. You can port back to starter islands if you want.
  • Mob difficulty increase slightly starting at level 5. 
  • Buffs and nerfs to class abilities
  • Fixed an issue where many abilities were not properly obeying line of sight rules.
  • Upvote 1

I wonder what the "nerfs and buffs" to class skills are going to be.Collision in PvP would be fantastic. I hate how people simply run through other people making real life strategies simply ridiculously impossible. This could add a very new and unique twist to PvP if ever it does get implemented.

I wonder what the "nerfs and buffs" to class skills are going to be.Collision in PvP would be fantastic. I hate how people simply run through other people making real life strategies simply ridiculously impossible. This could add a very new and unique twist to PvP if ever it does get implemented.

They're not going to have PvP collision detection because of the performance issues in large battles.